Author Topic: Ultimate noob question  (Read 1064 times)

Alacran

Ultimate noob question
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:46:47 AM »
Almost embarresed to asked but I need an answer. I've looked everywhere but I guess the topic is so basic that it doesn't come up. This is my first 4wd. It's a 94. It didn't have the owners manual but it did come with the factory service manual. So it tells me how to tear down the transmission but not how to operate it. Basically what I need to know is the best way to use  4wd. The do's and don'ts. How to engage. The maximum speed in each gear. Any information you could give me or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I'll post up some pictures of my Jeep when I can.

Liljeepz

Re: Ultimate noob question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
Here is a link to Jeep's website, Play around on here all the 4x4 info you need is here from how to put it in 4x4 to where and how to use it and what to do wile your in 4x4.
Its a great beginners guide.

http://www.jeep.com/4x4/index.html

Welcome to the Jeep family and the life of a four banger!  :thumbsup:

Alacran

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:46:27 PM »
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Does this same information apply to a 94? Love my 4 cyl! I drove 1500 miles in 3 days to get down here and can honestly say I didn't feel the need for more hp.

Davect06607

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »
I didn't feel the need for more hp.

You will

Liljeepz

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »
Does this same information apply to a 94?
Yes,

I didn't feel the need for more hp.

You will

hehe, Yes there will be times where you will want to pass some one and not be able to because of a hill or a strong head wind.

Offline Elyod

• Sedona is red
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »