Author Topic: My OBA install  (Read 740 times)

Offline jagular7

My OBA install
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »
I recently got finished placing on-board air with a 12v source. I'm using a Viair 450C compressor, their install kit, a Viair tank and a couple of air disconnects. The tank is opposite the muffler and better tucked top of the skid plate. The compressor is on a flat plate underneath the master cylinder. I've got the on/off switch underneath the hood and will be placing another incab later. Its a 97 4cyl TJ.

Removed the stock plate under the master cylinder, used it as a platform, cut some sheetmetal, painted it red, and mounted the compressor with rubber bushings. The Viair install kit came with minimal hardware. I had to get most of the air line hardware local.

This is a Viair tank. I think its a 3gal. Its basically mounted underneath the driver's seat. The drain cock is barely covered by the skid plate.

Had to get the quick disconnects local along with the adapters for the 1/4" air line. The covers are rubber chair bases.

Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
Re: My OBA install
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:02:59 PM »
Nice job have been thinking of doing the same thing need and air tank and so forth when I find some arb lockers
I stuck a cheapy harbor freight compressor in the same spot but the darn thing keeps shutting of before my tires are up to pressure. So am looking for something better. I like where you stuck the air tank
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Jesse-James

Re: My OBA install
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 01:27:42 AM »
Nice. I have the 350c. These things are made for airbag suspensions and made to run pretty hard so there pretty indestructible for what we use them for. I've been happy with mine...