Author Topic: New to me 1990 Wrangler YJ 2.5L  (Read 1281 times)

berto

New to me 1990 Wrangler YJ 2.5L
« on: October 19, 2005, 06:56:21 AM »
I'm the proud new owner of a beat-up Jeep YJ. As like most I have a wish list that equals some third world country GDP's. I plan to start by re-doing the interior which includes; removal of old carpet, rhino liner in the tub, install new carpet, and fix up some odds and ends on the inside. While doing that I plan to purchse some engine parts. I plan to install an oversize oil filter, and do a tune-up (plugs, wires, rotor, pvc, etc.). My questions are...I haven't seen a performance air intake for this model, most say one doesn't exist, is there an article from some crafty Jeep guru who rigged one up that I could read somewhere? I also plan to do the 4.0L to a 2.5 throttle body riser mod. Anyone else have any comments on this mod? Phaze two will be the suspension, undercarriage, and drive. I have a lot of good information on gearing, shafts, and joints. My problem is with suspension. I deem most of what I have on the truck now as junk, with the exeption of the bars and linkages. Leafs, shocks, bushings...all shot. My goal for this vehicle is to have a solid everday driver, that can hold its own in the trails (no rock crawling, submerging, etc) Any recommendations for a cheapest/best system would be appreciated. I'm not looking for any lift. Ok maybe an inch or two. The focus would be on the quality of the parts, and simple installation.

Cheers!

Rob