Author Topic: Header  (Read 4692 times)

YJmechanic

Header
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 03:38:32 PM »
i run the borla and i have no complaints and sounds good

jpcreep

Header
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 03:01:13 PM »
I'm on my second pacesetter (went cheap).  The first one rotted out in <2 years where the four pipes meet.  I cuts the welds and found that the corrosion had extended up about 6 inches from the inside out.  I guess banks would be a better idea next go around. I don't want to have the do the install again, big pita.

SMC4WD

Header
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 09:17:28 AM »
I'm running a Pacesetter.  I had to have the exhaust custom routed in front of the oil pan.  The design was for it to run underneath the oil pan, and my pan was beat up already.  I can't imagine how bad the crossover tube would be if it was left in the place it was supposed to run.

I also had to have the O2 sensor relocated.  It was facing forward and down real low.  I had it moved more inside the engine compartment and facing up.

Once again, if I could do it over again, and if I was using someone else's money, I would not have run Pacesetter.  It's ok for the price, but Banks, Gibson are better.  Clifford is really, really good.

jeepfourlow

Header
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 11:28:35 AM »
Quote from: "SMC4WD"
I'm running a Pacesetter.  I had to have the exhaust custom routed in front of the oil pan.  The design was for it to run underneath the oil pan, and my pan was beat up already.  I can't imagine how bad the crossover tube would be if it was left in the place it was supposed to run.

I also had to have the O2 sensor relocated.  It was facing forward and down real low.  I had it moved more inside the engine compartment and facing up.

Once again, if I could do it over again, and if I was using someone else's money, I would not have run Pacesetter.  It's ok for the price, but Banks, Gibson are better.  Clifford is really, really good.

how much did you spend for the custom pipe? and how did you relocate the 02 sensor? i just got my pacesetter back from Jet-Hot and its ready to go on but im not too sure about that header pipe.

SMC4WD

Header
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 04:45:47 PM »
I seriously don't remember what I paid.  I just got the whole thing installed, along with a new cat.  When I say how it was routed, I commented that I would have killed that lower bar the first time out.  So he just cut it, welded a becn forward (which was odd) and routed it much higher up the along the oil pan.

Then, as I drove it a few days I started having major engine issues.  It kept bumping and jarring...   I looked under the hood and the O2 wire was touching against the manifold.  It kept shorting out.  So I had it brought back, rewired and ziptied away from the manifold.  The issue of relocating it took more thought than we gave it.

Money shouldn't be too big of an issue.  If you want it done right, shop around abit, but get it done.  It'll save you soo much more in the future.  If either one of those things get messed up on the trail, or the streets...  It'll cost you even more to get them repaired.