Author Topic: Rear Bumpers -- What do you guys like?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline chardrc

Re: Rear Bumpers -- What do you guys like?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
i have the warn with the tire carrier.. i like the looks but after seting outside for 2 years the paint faded.. so i got min linxed which looks better.. other than the paint dieing my only complaint is that the bumper will hold mud that is kicked up by the tires but if you spray some water in there tell the water comes out clear it should be good.

as a side note it should be mentioned that after contacting warn with a picture of the fading they where willing to warranty the paint..
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

rubberducky

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »
Man I have a buddy who has a storage unit next to a guy who makes Gates and fences, well he has a pile of metal that is scrap to him. I took a bunch of 4'' pipe and welded it all together and made a front and rear bumper. I even found some 2'' pipe and made a tire carrier. The Pipe sections were about 14'' inch long so I had to weld them together to make it across the heep. All in all for a backyard welder they turned out great for $85.00  The only issue is the bracing for the bumper is very poor just using the factory holes. If my camera still worked I would post some pics.

Jesse-James

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »
Chain link fence posts? Not the thickest material if that's what it is.

rubberducky

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
Na this guy made some Big gates and used 4'' steel pipe for the corner posts to hold the gate. Oh they are strong about 1/4'' thick bumper weighs about 100 lbs.