Author Topic: Jeep dies  (Read 2025 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Jeep dies
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
Well, I spoke too soon.  The Jeep died today, and it's not ignition; it's fuel.  There is no fuel at all at the rail, so I'm having it checked.  What sucked the most was that it was running fine all day, but on the way to the port, DEAD!  I missed the boat, and now I have to ship it next week (which will be a VERY busy week for me!)
start with the relay - it is powered by the same circuit with the coil up to the relay (the coil is on ASD relay which is the same one that also powers the injectors). so if you have spark then it's either the FP relay or the pump (unless you have some wiring issue which is unlikely)
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 07:42:16 PM »
the jeep just doesn't want to leave home :'(... hope you can get it figured out.. it sucks being under pressure and have stuff fail.

Well, i left it at a mechanic's; he has all weekend to get it running.  And at least we have it narrowed down to the fuel, so it's either a relay or the pump (maybe the filter, but I doubt it, as there would be SOME pressure if it was a clogged filter).  It could also be that the hose inside the tank is leaking, so no fuel is getting out, but then again, you would hear the pump running, so I dont think that's the cause. 

Anyway, it certainly seems that the jeep does not want to go.  Lazy Jeep, does not want to earn its keep!
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

dtoliver

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »
i had a fairly similar problem, turned out to be the tps sensor

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
i had a fairly similar problem, turned out to be the tps sensor

I changed mine about a year ago, so it should be good still...  In any case, mine is a confirmed case of a dead fuel pump.  Pump has been replaced, and Jeep is running again (for now, anyway!).  Hopefully, I'll make it to the port first thing Monday morning to finally ship it out!
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost