Author Topic: My 1994 Wrangler I got bone stock..... It's not stock any more!  (Read 1914 times)

Schneikeys

My 1994 Wrangler I got bone stock..... It's not stock any more!
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »
Looking to do some more mods....... Any suggestions?

Offline jagular7

Re: My 1994 Wrangler I got bone stock..... It's not stock any more!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
For what?

You obviously live in a warm climate and even though its lifted, you have it setup for concrete use.

If you wanted to do something different (assuming you don't use 4wd), I would look for a 2wd front Cherokee axle and matching trans. Sell off the lift springs, 4wd hardware, wheels, and tires. Get stock leafs, get 30s and roll on 2wd.

If you wanted suggestions to wheel it, get aggressive tires, regear/lock axles, get SYE and remove the tcase drop, get recovery items (hooks, winch, bumpers), and join a local 4wd club that wheels.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
Looking to do some more mods....... Any suggestions?
what is your end goal? with shiny rims like that, i doubt you take it on the trails often. if it's street use you are looking for, you can always check the engine mods forum members have done. I for example am running banks headers, high flow cat and banks exhaust. there are numerous throttle bodies, throttle body spacers, intakes etc. this forum also has excellent threads detailing turbo installs... im assuming off roading isn't a primary passion, so i would just go with engine work and build a stronger 2.5l.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

No Luck

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »

st.chevrolet

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:36:36 PM »
If you plan to wheel it the next mod should be wheels and tires.

Schneikeys

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 03:10:44 AM »
Well I got the new SRC bumpers installed front and rear.  I may not take it off road much, but she does see Mud and runs up and down the beaches here in Florida!  As far as the rims and tires, Yes they are a bit, :yikes: Bling... Bling... but they do the job!    :guns: 

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/Schneikeys/RearBumper-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/Schneikeys/181612_1781088320921_1050813257_2091808_5120721_n.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/Schneikeys/newfront2.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/Schneikeys/Newfrontinstalled.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/Schneikeys/Newrearinstalled.jpg

Schneikeys

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:17:49 AM »
I am trying to get more Power/MPG is my end goal.  I have already changed out the front and rear Diff gears.  New plugs, wires and cap, Updated Air filter and Cat back exhaust.  She is a daily driver so I can not kill my way to work........

Schneikeys

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 03:30:48 AM »
For what?

You obviously live in a warm climate and even though its lifted, you have it setup for concrete use.

If you wanted to do something different (assuming you don't use 4wd), I would look for a 2wd front Cherokee axle and matching trans. Sell off the lift springs, 4wd hardware, wheels, and tires. Get stock leafs, get 30s and roll on 2wd.

If you wanted suggestions to wheel it, get aggressive tires, regear/lock axles, get SYE and remove the tcase drop, get recovery items (hooks, winch, bumpers), and join a local 4wd club that wheels.

I bought a 4x4 for a reason.  :guns: So since i have nice rims you assume I don't go off road?  ::) I am looking in to different riding groups here in Jacksonville Florida: http://www.justjeepsofjacksonville.com/index.html   :beers:

chitchc2

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 04:09:24 AM »
I think he's going beach comber and his wheels and tires will do just fine.
The guys are right about rocky trails though; the wheels and tires you have now won't hold up well on a trail so you may need two sets of wheels and tires. It's no big deal, lots of people have two sets.

Schneikeys

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22:55 AM »
chitchc2,
I was looking in to maybe getting a set of Wagon rims for more aggressive driving.   And yes I do a lot of Beach and on road driving....

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 01:54:55 PM »
check out the workbench section of the forum. great write ups on e-fan conversions and turbos. that may be along your interests if you want to increase power.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it