Author Topic: 30rh lock converter  (Read 1107 times)

wrench0001

30rh lock converter
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
just swapped my ax5 for a 30rh  (904)runs great  but convert in not locking up i swaped the ecu for the auto found the location for the relay (middle of firewall ) and installed one still not locking up does any know if there is a fuse  ?.
i used power form  a spare switch to the lock up wire in the relay location blue wire with tan stripe and works great .
any help would be great ,thank you in advance

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŽ
Re: 30rh lock converter
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
check what the FSM says for your Jeep (you can probably find it on morris4x4.com, they have a online service manuals section) - you should mention what year and model (if other than Wrangler) - i can't help since with the auto transmission but for others that might be able to advise on the issue

'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

wrench0001

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
sorry forgot 95yj 2.5l with 94 yj 30rh looked through  the Haynes manual could not find any thing will look in the fsm

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŽ
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:47:23 PM »
sorry forgot 95yj 2.5l with 94 yj 30rh looked through  the Haynes manual could not find any thing will look in the fsm
i'll have a look in the manual to see if i can find something, i have a 95 with manual transmission.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŽ
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH (TCC) SOLENOID
AND RELAY
The TCC solenoid is only used on three-speed automatic
transmissions. The Powertrain Control Module
(PCM) operates the TCC solenoid by energizing
the TCC relay.
Circuit G50 from fuse 5 in the Power Distribution
Center (PDC) supplies voltage to the coil side of the
TCC relay. When the PCM provides a ground path on
circuit K54, the relay contacts close.
When the relay contacts close, they connect circuit
A14 from fuse 1 in the PDC with circuit T22. Circuit
T22 supplies battery voltage to the case grounded
TCC solenoid. Circuit K54 connects to PCM cavity

HELPFUL INFORMATION
˛ In the RUN or START position, the ignition switch
connects circuit A1 from fuse 4 in the PDC to circuit
A21.
˛ Circuit A21 powers fuse 5 in the fuse block.
˛ Circuit G50 also connects to the engine data link
connector, Automatic Shut Down (ASD) relay, and
fuel pump relay.

so it looks like there are 3 fuses of interest all in the PDC by the battery (fuse 1, 4 and 5).

there is something else mentioned there which you'll have to check, they say that the same circuit which controls the t/c lock relay is the one that controls the upshift lamp on the dash - not sure if that means that the harness is different or if that circuit has a dual purpose (you could tell though if your upshift lamp lights up and your t/c does not lock it means you'll have to reroute circuit K54 that comes off pin 54 on the PCM to the relay)

UPSHIFT LAMP
On vehicles equipped with a manual transmission,
the PCM grounds the up-shift lamp on circuit K54.
Circuit K54 connects to cavity 54 of the PCM.

I looked at the diagram and seems that are both wired in, so if your upshift lamp was working before and now it also lights up that is your t/c solenoid lock command from the PCM - if your t/c does not lock it means the relay is not powered (since you already tested it with a jump wire if i understood correctly from your initial post).

hope this helps.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŽ
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
It won't be a fuse since those 3 are used for other purposes as well (so the Jeep won't run if that was the case)

you could also check the voltages on the relay - these are the colors of the wires on that socket and purpose

- white with yellow stripe = switch +12v from the ignition contact (with key in run position should have +12v) from fuse 5 in the PDC
 - red with white stripe (thicker wire gauge 16) = live +12v (hot wire at all times from Fuse 1 in the PDC)
 - orange with black stripe = PCM solenoid control to the TCC relay provides ground (also provides ground to the upshift lamp in the dash) comes from pin 54 on the PCM connector
 - dark blue with tan stripe =  goes to the TCC solenoid at the transmission.

wrench0001

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 03:24:43 AM »
i know the up shift light does work i was in  2nd gear manually shifting the auto and up shift came on till i went into drive and the fsm shows up shift and tcc are spliced together at the relay socket i will have to check i might just have a corroded relay socket been sitting there empty for years .do have to say love the auto 31"tires with the 410 gears was worried i was gonna feel a real loss in power.thank you for the help and replies will look into it more after work   

wrench0001

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
problem solved .it was the new shifter was out of adjustment run great .thank you for all the help

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŽ
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
problem solved .it was the new shifter was out of adjustment run great .thank you for all the help

glad you figured it out.

what do you mean was out of adjustment? just for my information if you don't mind.

wrench0001

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 03:34:16 AM »
i had installed the hurst promatic 2 shifter while doing the swap directions tell you 1 gear on shifter trans arm all the way forward adjust cable till cable end drops in to trans arm well i was about 3/8 out of adjustment so on the shifter netural was drive didnt notice it was little hard to see indicator now   all lined up drives great and can see indicator