Author Topic: Mechanix Wear Gloves  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Mechanix Wear Gloves
« on: May 26, 2005, 02:47:45 PM »
Have you ever had to work on your engine while it was still hot? Or perhaps your trying to remove a suborn bolt and it lets loose unexpectedly. Well, if you're like me you've burned, poked, smacked and cut you're hands on everything imaginable while working under you truck. Not only that, when you're done your hands are so dirty that even Gojo won't clean them off on the first pass. Many people use latex gloves but those don't hold up well to the sharp parts in your engine bay.

Well now there is Mechanix Wear. They have come out with some gloves that are made from Clarino, a soft but durable synthetic leather. The main difference from other gloves is that the Mechanix fit tightly around the hand. This allows you the flexibility and dexterity to unscrew bolts. The thumb and forefinger have been reinforced to reduce wear and the padded backhand resist anything that would cause you to otherwise bleed. This is very helpful when working with anything heavy. I've used my Original Mechanix gloves extensively. So extensively that I've worn holes into the index finger and thumb. I've used them to install my suspension, rotate my tires, swap my axle and the list goes on. The gloves act as a second skin. There were many times I had hit my hand on something sharp but because of the gloves, there was not even a mark on my hand. The only draw back to the gloves is when they get wet. The gloves act like a sponge when wet and they feel like a wet chamois. Another problem I found was gear oil. This stuff stinks bad after it's been in the axle for a while. Get this on the gloves and the gloves will smell just as bad. Mechanix Wear does sell gloves meant for solvent but these are more cumbersome.

Mechanix Wear has a full line of gloves. For those who need more protection there is the M-Pack line of gloves. For those who need protection from fire there is the M-12 and M-16 Nomex gloves. If you want a glove that is easier to put on the Fast-Fit gloves may be what you're looking for. These have many of the same characteristic found on the Original have but also add a easy entry elastic opening. As you can tell there are many jobs that the Mechanix gloves can be used for. They are not limited to working on a car. They also work great for working around the house. Also because of their tight fit, they can be used as driving gloves. Many Teams use Mechanix Wear gloves -- many teams in many race series, including Winston Cup,Bush Series, CART, NHRA, Motocross and ARCA.

Mechanix Wear backs most of their products by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Since I had worn a hole in my first pair I had emailed their customer service asking if they had addressed the wearing of the fingers. They quickly responded by saying send them back for to the warranty department. Mechanix Wear stand by their products and for about $19 to $90 they aren't a bad deal.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."