Author Topic: Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?  (Read 9077 times)

jwrape

Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?
« on: August 31, 2006, 03:27:32 PM »
Ok, I just read in another thread here that you can put in the yellow top 19lbs injectors from a 4.6L ford motor and get a little more out of your 2.5L. What are the pros and cons, lets hear it.

Jeffy,
I expect you to comment on this.  :D

Lets hear it

jwrape

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 03:35:11 PM »
I found this place that sells 19lbs injectors that list them for Mustangs and 87-95 Jeeps.
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsJEEP.asp

might4banger

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »
Injectors by themselves will not get you much of anything... you need to know what flow rates the fule pump can support and many other things.

In my opinion all you will do is end up getting more power at a higher RPM if you start modding the engine. Since 4 bangers lack displacement the only thing you can do is spin them up to get more power. Think of it as an air pump... to get more power out you have to push more air and fuel through it = higher RPM.

edit - this is to tr to simplify things - don't want to write a book here. There are other considerations is all I am saying.

wrangler387

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
absolutely no point in upgrading the injectors, especially on a close to stock jeep. The thing runs rich already. I'm probably one of the few with a wideband o2 sensor on my jeep, not a narrowband. Under WOT it is between 10 and 12:1 afr. It should be around 13:1. Now if you have some form of forced induction then go for it. And the 4 cylinder jeep fuel pump is the same ones used on the 6 cylinder, so there is more left in the pump.

Jesse-James

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 09:42:29 PM »
If these are 19lb, what are stock injectors?

jwrape

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 05:32:39 AM »
Hmmm, I do have a 4.0TB bored to 50mm, I wonder if the Stang injectors run cleaner than my 200kmile injectors now.

What is the lbs of the stock injectors?

jwrape

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:26 AM »
I just got a set of 5 off of Ebay coming. It's worth a shot.

I am thinking that after 200k+ miles that the stock injectors could be the reason for my motor running rich anyways if they are dripping instead of spraying.
For the $19 I paid for the Injectors Shipped, it worth a shot for bettter running better performing motor. :D

If it works, you can bet I will post it up.
If it doesn't work, I will stay in hiding. :lol:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
Quote from: "jwrape"

I am thinking that after 200k+ miles that the stock injectors could be the reason for my motor running rich anyways if they are dripping instead of spraying.
For the $19 I paid for the Injectors Shipped, it worth a shot for bettter running better performing motor. :D

Well here's my 2 cents.  I think the stock injectors are around 16lbs.  The fuel pressure at the injectors will still be regulated by the fuel pressure regulator and MAP.  The only thing that might be better is the spray pattern which would help combustion.  BTW: '95.5 and +'96 use a larger injector then the earlier YJ's.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

jwrape

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »
Quote from: "Jeffy"
Quote from: "jwrape"

Well here's my 2 cents.  I think the stock injectors are around 16lbs.  The fuel pressure at the injectors will still be regulated by the fuel pressure regulator and MAP.  The only thing that might be better is the spray pattern which would help combustion.  BTW: '95.5 and +'96 use a larger injector then the earlier YJ's.

So if that is true then it might just work because of the spray pattern. It cn't get any worse than whats in there now. It's worth a try.

Jhcujo

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
I would like to tell you guys what I did and how I went to Ford injectors. I have a 92 with 200K on it. I have a 4.o TB and spacer with a bored out intake amnifold also a K&N intake. There was a post a whaile back asking about high porformance injectors. He went to the web site posted below ford injectors. So I called that place and asked him some questions about the injectors. He told me they are stock injectors for ford mustangs. I was not willing to pay 160.00 for them so I went to a junkyard and pulled 4 of them out of a ford crown vic. I put them in my jeep and the things runs great. I can hold 70 MPH on the freeway no problem even going up hill. So I would like to disagree with some of you that say it will not help. Just looking at the injectors them self the jeep injectors have 1 sprayer the ford have 4. I am able to run at lower RPM at higher speed then before. Maybe I just got lucky but for a free upgrade I am very happy.

jwrape

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »
Quote from: "Jhcujo"
I would like to tell you guys what I did and how I went to Ford injectors. I have a 92 with 200K on it. I have a 4.o TB and spacer with a bored out intake amnifold also a K&N intake. There was a post a whaile back asking about high porformance injectors. He went to the web site posted below ford injectors. So I called that place and asked him some questions about the injectors. He told me they are stock injectors for ford mustangs. I was not willing to pay 160.00 for them so I went to a junkyard and pulled 4 of them out of a ford crown vic. I put them in my jeep and the things runs great. I can hold 70 MPH on the freeway no problem even going up hill. So I would like to disagree with some of you that say it will not help. Just looking at the injectors them self the jeep injectors have 1 sprayer the ford have 4. I am able to run at lower RPM at higher speed then before. Maybe I just got lucky but for a free upgrade I am very happy.
See I would think the difference of the spray alone would make a difference like Jhcujo is saying.
I am gonna try it. All of us can do with a little more bottom end power. If it works as he says then there is proof in the pudding. Then we can say 2 people have tried it and it works.
We both have about the same mileage on our motors so I am hoping for the same result and if the pressure regulator will only give so much then the 19lbs injectors won't flood the engine it will just spray better, maybe a finer mist which we all know a finer mist makes for better throttle response and better combustion.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 02:44:24 PM »
So what are all the injectors that will work?  I've been meaning to do this for some time now.  (more then a few years)  But never got around to do it.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

jwrape

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 02:46:17 PM »
Quote from: "Jeffy"
So what are all the injectors that will work?  I've been meaning to do this for some time now.  (more then a few years)  But never got around to do it.

From what I can tell, any yellow top Ford injector that is rated at 19lbs. I just Picked up Mustang ones to make sure I got the correct ones.

Offline chardrc

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 04:24:51 PM »
its threads like this that make me wish mty jeep was a 91 instead of a 90 :brick:
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

jwrape

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 04:28:35 PM »
Quote from: "chardrc"
its threads like this that make me wish mty jeep was a 91 instead of a 90 :brick:

Convert to the dark side. we have more fun :lol: