Author Topic: Performance Stainless catback for $160  (Read 7326 times)

YJmechanic

Re: Performance Stainless catback for $160
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:59 PM »
yeah thats been my experience,  i havent had any problems while running a turndown,  and i did the tip thing before to and somebody snatched uit and damn near tore my hanger off in the process

Offline andpgud

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 04:49:46 PM »
I was thinking one thing.
Is it possibe that my Jeep which is a 2001 could have the cats blocked, because it is like it has no power. Drivin in 60 and then it comes a small hill I have to reduce to 4 gear.
Would I gain something by cutting it out? Dont have to worry about inspection where I live.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »
I was thinking one thing.
Is it possibe that my Jeep which is a 2001 could have the cats blocked, because it is like it has no power. Drivin in 60 and then it comes a small hill I have to reduce to 4 gear.
Would I gain something by cutting it out? Dont have to worry about inspection where I live.

What size tires?  5th is Overdrive not a passing gear.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline andpgud

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:24 PM »
What size tires?  5th is Overdrive not a passing gear.

31"

YJmechanic

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
a clogged converter will rob power in all gears and if your converter was clogged your cel would be illuminated indicating your rear o2 having an irregular signal

Offline andpgud

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2011, 03:52:17 AM »
a clogged converter will rob power in all gears and if your converter was clogged your cel would be illuminated indicating your rear o2 having an irregular signal

Well, no lights have been iluminating. I really dont know if this is the issue. Maybe I think it has litle power, but fx I am having problems passing a car at 50-60

YJmechanic

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 08:10:50 AM »
its pretty hard for anyone to say diagnose it so to say on just the idea that it doesnt pass well at speed.  like i said with an obd2 system like you have the the o2's would call out that the cat isnt working effieciently.  i dont know all the details on your jeep but jeeps are not usually real powerful when they are in passing gear.  this gear is meant for conserving fuel not for producing power.  my suggestion would be to just drop a gear when you want to pass someone.  doesnt sound like there is anything wrong with your jeep