Author Topic: How much for a Jeep.  (Read 2205 times)

Nicks92jeeper

How much for a Jeep.
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »
So I am getting married in a few months and am going to have to sell my jeep. I have almost every simple mod that one can do to the engine and interior. Realistically I was wondering what a good asking price would be.

I have
Herculined the tub. New brake caliper and brake lines. Carpet reinstalled, Alternator upgrade went from 90amp to 136 amp Pontiac sunfire seats upgrade. New starter. Fuel injectors out of a 93 Lincoln Town car, Rubber matting for better sound deadening, Welded up frame, Head gasket/port and polish/head planed down. Opened up opening on intake manifold to match the 4.0 Throttle body, MSD ignition coil, New battery cables, rocker guards, fresh paint job, short ram air intake, soft and hard tops, new mirrors, extra speakers in the back, new bigger side mirrors. full hard doors. 3 inch lift between frame and body (it came that way.) full sized hitch on the back. I have an extra front chrome bumper, and brush guard that I never installed.

The jeep is a 92 jeep wrangler
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:57:30 AM by Nicks92jeeper »

bammerman

Re: How much for a Jeep.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
What is the mileage?  I see 2.5L in the lower 90's with minimal mods going for 4 -6 thousand here in Denver.

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:47 AM »
164,000 with a rebuilt head and rebuilt trans. Given I live in Iowa and the going price for Jeeps around here is about the same I think I can safely ask 4500 at least. Dpn't want to sell it but I am kinda faced with the position of no choice.

Offline kashola

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »
The fact that you have both tops, extra parts, etc. should help with resale.  That being said, most people can't appreciate (read: pay extra for) a lot of the mods that you've done.  Realistically, if they can't see it with their own eyes, it either hasn't been done or they might not believe you thinking you're just trying to get rid of it. Just my own experience.  I'd say you're in the right ballpark as far as price, but you're really going to have to sell them on everything you've done to get that.  Good luck!

bammerman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
I am with Kashola, your price sounds fair.

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »
When you turn this thing over, you can tell that it is sucking in tons of air but I understand on the mods and what people think. Thanks for all the good advise that you all have given and this gives me much hope to get what I put into it. A lot of blood sweat and tetanus went into this jeep! Check out my projects page if you want to see the process.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »
sorry to see you're going to part with it, i enjoyed your project posts, hope that in the future another 4banger will make it's way to you  :'(
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline BoringDave

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
Just price it so high that you can't sell it problem solved.

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 05:13:33 PM »
You should always BUY (not sell) the car you want just before getting married.  In your case, you already have it, might as well keep it!

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

Offline aka-justin

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »
If you do it, you'll be buying another within a year.  Example A: ---> Me
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »
I definitely believe that in the future another jeep will be coming my way. Hopefully one that is not in such bad shape given the rust but then again, I bought it for 2200.00 and am doubling my price on it because of the restoration. This page gave me plenty of fun projects and everyone here has been so cool.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »
I definitely believe that in the future another jeep will be coming my way. Hopefully one that is not in such bad shape given the rust but then again, I bought it for 2200.00 and am doubling my price on it because of the restoration. This page gave me plenty of fun projects and everyone here has been so cool.
Rust is probably my biggest concern when looking at Jeeps.  A bad engine is easier to fix.  Replacing a frame or even body is a real PITA.  Although if the frame is sound, you can replace the body fairly easily and cheaply.  I've seen YJ tubs for $500.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Torch_Ind

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:47 PM »
Rust is probably my biggest concern when looking at Jeeps.  A bad engine is easier to fix.  Replacing a frame or even body is a real PITA.  Although if the frame is sound, you can replace the body fairly easily and cheaply.  I've seen YJ tubs for $500.

I would love to find a solid yj tub for 500$

Also I got married.  and the theme was Jeep! lol  Keep the jeep
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:39:43 PM by Torch_Ind »

Steve-o

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
My .02$ is that I got married and bought a house and sold my tj but now (within a year) I am trying to save for another so I say don't do it haha.