Author Topic: 1" MML and TC drop?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline smashcoast

1" MML and TC drop?
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:03 PM »
I am going to be putting on my new 3" BDS springs soon and cant afford a SYE and new drive shaft (gotta buy Goodyear MTR's and regear)!

So i'll be putting on a TC drop kit.

If I put on a 1" MML will I be able to avoid a TC drop kit or be able to use some longer bolts with some flat washers to avoid the driveline vibes?

Or should i just go with some 1" x 1/8 steel as a TC drop kit (homemade).
Building this Jeep on the Cheap! Just like Chrysler!

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: 1" MML and TC drop?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »
Maybe...  Really, you're just going to have to try it and see.  Without, seeing the actual angles, it's hard to say.  I have run both and now just use the 1" MML with no T-case shims.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 05:22:05 AM »
Start with the motormount lift. It is actually not to hard to make one for a TJ out of some 1" square tubing. I have made several total cost maybe 5 bucks or so, works fine mine has been in place for the last 3 years
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Offline jagular7

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »
That is what I have done and still have it installed. I did a body lift (1.25") and a motor mount lift (polys- lots of vibes) for my 2"+ suspension lift. I use Rubicon coils with 2" spacers for a lift.
Look at it this way, you lift the front (engine) to gain angularity of the output or you lower the back mount (trans skid). Should be same results, or at least real close. With a body lift, it should come with a bracket for the shifter mechanism cam. The cam is placed between 2 brackets - 1 on the trans, other on the floor. When you separate the body from the frame, you put this cam into a slight angle. Some have no troubles, but I had some troubles. Even with the little bracket installed, it was not low enough to work with my situation. This could be based on the holes in the floor, the condition of the trans/engine mounts, etc. So I installed a shifter relocation bracket. It removed the floor bracket all together and simple to install. All this was 5+ yrs ago.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Offline smashcoast

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »
now is there any worry about the front drive shaft angle?
Building this Jeep on the Cheap! Just like Chrysler!

Offline jagular7

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
No. It should have a cv at the tcase output. However, it will let you know if a joint is bad with the increased operating angle.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s