Author Topic: Lift kit with shackle lift  (Read 623 times)

Offline Lu

Lift kit with shackle lift
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
I'm putting a 4" lift on my 95.  It already has a 1/2"ish shackle lift on it.  Will it be ok to keep the shackles in addition to the new lift or should I go back to something more stock-like? 
I may not be able to get anywhere quickly, but I can get most anywhere I please.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Lift kit with shackle lift
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
I'm putting a 4" lift on my 95.  It already has a 1/2"ish shackle lift on it.  Will it be ok to keep the shackles in addition to the new lift or should I go back to something more stock-like? 

1/2'' is not to much, i'd keep the a/m shackles especially if you go with poly bushings (which will probably come with the kit). The stock shackles have a tendency to squeeze the bushings, the a/m ones are riding on the sleeve and give you free movement without binding with the bolts fully tightened (which the stockers don't do).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Lift kit with shackle lift
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
I'm going to guess it's lift, so the shackles are 1" over stock or 5" eye-to-eye.  That's still not that much.  The max would be 1.25"-1.5" or 6.5"-7" eye-to-eye.  You should be able to seek them BUT you might not want to use the degree shims that come with your leafs as your rear pinion is already going to be pointed up a bit.  You could use the degree shims on the front to point the pinion back down but you'll want to check and see how many degrees off horizontal the pinion is.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."