Author Topic: Has anyone used Bubba Rope?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Has anyone used Bubba Rope?
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:12:31 PM »
I have seen some reviews online saying it rocks, but it is all from magazines, and I just dont trust them when they review advertiser products...  So I wanted some real world reviews.  Anyone used it?  Is it worth throwing $100 into one of those?
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Has anyone used Bubba Rope?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
Is that the rubberized one?
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline brokenwrist21

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
i have one and yes it is worth the money, but you have to follow the intructions carefully. the rope is designed to stretch then recoil so if you pull to much in a short amount of time you can over heat the rope. theres also more than one bubba rope, i think i have the big bubba, it's 7/8" diameter and has a pull rating of something like 30,000 lbs (i could be to high, i would have to look again).
'93 yj 4in rubicon express lift, 33" bfg mud terrains, yella terra roller rockers, 4.0l throttle body, rv cam, k&n air filter, yukon axles and gears, detroit locker, aluminum radiator, msd 8.5mm super conductor wires, full syn. fluids.

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:12 AM »
Is that the rubberized one?

yeah, that's the one...

i have one and yes it is worth the money, but you have to follow the intructions carefully. the rope is designed to stretch then recoil so if you pull to much in a short amount of time you can over heat the rope. theres also more than one bubba rope, i think i have the big bubba, it's 7/8" diameter and has a pull rating of something like 30,000 lbs (i could be to high, i would have to look again).

I am considering getting one of their original (still not decided if 20' or 30' is better) as it seems like a good mud recovery tool, but they are a bit pricey...  And no, 30K pounds seems right about the ball park of their original rope, which is rated at 28,600 pounds (see their site).
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline brokenwrist21

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
i believe mine is 30ft. got it for xmas, but still worth every penny, having used it
'93 yj 4in rubicon express lift, 33" bfg mud terrains, yella terra roller rockers, 4.0l throttle body, rv cam, k&n air filter, yukon axles and gears, detroit locker, aluminum radiator, msd 8.5mm super conductor wires, full syn. fluids.