Author Topic: 2012 Mopar Jeep Compass 'True North'  (Read 732 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
2012 Mopar Jeep Compass 'True North'
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »
2012 Mopar Jeep Compass 'True North'

Like all Trail Rated® Jeep models, the Jeep Compass is a capable off-road machine. With the Mopar Jeep Compass "True North" model, Mopar further improves its off-road form and function.

The exterior features a matte black finish on the roof, wheel flares, lower fascia, door cladding and black grille with body color inserts. Other exterior touches include black-headlamp and fog-lamp surrounds, rear fog lights, custom front and rear brush bars and custom rock rails. Matte black 16-inch alloy wheels with BF Goodrich All Terrain tires and a 2-inch lift kit from Rocky Road Suspensions add some additional off-road go.

The interior received lots of attention from Mopar and renowned audio component manufacturer Kicker. The entire audio system, including front and rear speakers, amplifier, sub-woofer and lift gate speakers are provided by Kicker, and transform Jeep Compass into a rolling high-end sound studio. A custom center stack gauge pod that houses pitch and roll inclinometer gauges, add to the vehicle's off-road credentials. A Mopar bright pedal kit, door-sill guards, rear-cargo tray, shift knob and neoprene seats complement each other while enhancing the quality feel of the cabin.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline chardrc

Re: 2012 Mopar Jeep Compass 'True North'
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »
dare i say it almost looks like a jeep now  :wall:
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline aka-justin

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »
That's the first respectable looking PT Cruiser Compass I've seen.
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
dare i say it almost looks like a jeep now  :wall:

I agree.  It's what a mildly modded XJ Cherokee would look like.

That's the first respectable looking PT Cruiser Compass I've seen.
The Compass has the same chassis as the Caliber and Patriot.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Looks like it could be a decent camping vehicle now.
'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

Bikerjr1

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:05 AM »
Looks like someone at Jeep finally pulled their head out of that warm dark comfortable place they had it and realized that a Jeep IS supposed to be off-road capable no matter what model it is.  That is what the Jeep brand stands for.  This one looks to be a good step in the right direction, now if they would just make it the standard model and go from there.  If I wanted a vehicle (SUV type) to drive around on the road I'd probably buy something that got better mileage and softer susp than a Jeep.  These newer models is why we just got an older model ZJ Grand Cherokee (couldn't find a good XJ).  We needed the extra room that the wife's TJ didn't have.
Good start Jeep keep it up,
JR