Author Topic: lopeing?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: lopeing?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »
this problem happened before o2 sensor was bad.  i am posting a vid on the facebook page ebcause it is to big to post on here.  if you have time to watch it please do,  you can hear it mostly towards the end when im by the exhaust.  when it does noise i rev it and it stops after a few revs

if you're running with a bad O2 sensor there's no point in trying to troubleshoot any further, fix that first and if it doesn't remediate it then you can look at what else is there. Once you fix your O2 check your spark plugs and related and replace them if needed and go from there, there's no way you're going to get it to run right with the O2 not working properly, it basically runs with whatever fuel trims were learned prior to going bust, if it was sending the wrong info to the PCM before you got the CEL then that's what your fuel injection runs like now so the fact that was doing this before the O2 code does not mean it's unrelated, it might or might not, only thing that is for sure is that your AFR at idle right now is not right since there is no feedback information from the O2 sensor (or wrong information) to the PCM. After you replace it reset the computer (remove the battery ground terminal, touch it on the positive one and leave it off for couple of minutes).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

fobanger00

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
it boggs down when i step on the pedal, then i hafta pull over shut it off turn it on then it fine

Offline BoringDave

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 09:00:06 PM »
Mine does the same thing when I start it in the morning when it's cold out. Mine has no codes and I've replace plugs,wires,cap,rotor and the 02 sensor. I also Removed and cleaned the throttle body nothing worked as of last time I ever started it. I don't drive mine on the street so I don't much care. But if you figure it out post up so I can fix mine.

Dave

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:33 PM »
it boggs down when i step on the pedal, then i hafta pull over shut it off turn it on then it fine
I wonder if all of your injectors are working.  You'll usually get a CEL code but not always.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »
does the CEL going in and out? (lit and not i mean).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

fobanger00

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 05:30:20 AM »
i feel like its injectors, but my buddy had this happen to his when he had his 2.5l yj and he said it was a clogged cat... this also could be possible on mine

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
i feel like its injectors, but my buddy had this happen to his when he had his 2.5l yj and he said it was a clogged cat... this also could be possible on mine
A cat issue wouldn't normally clear up.  Also, you can check it easily by kicking at the exhaust near the cat and listen for loose parts inside.

Is there any change once the engine's warmed up?

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »
Did it start right after filling up.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
Also have you cleaned the engine area Lately.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

fobanger00

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
it does it more when its cold warming up but will do it randomly sometimes when jeep has been warmed up for while. i still havent gotten around to checking anything, vacum lines, injectors, plugs, cat

jramey

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
my xj does this same stuff too lol, on first start up and drive when i start going in first it starts cutting out and bogging down, then i just push the clutch in and rev it up a few times then try to go again and that usually clears the rough running up.

Offline smashcoast

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
Mine did that for a little bit. I have a 97tj. I just replaced the TPS sensor on the throttle body. And it hasn't done it since. It's a $40 part. Try that it might work. Also get the O2 sensor fixed.
Building this Jeep on the Cheap! Just like Chrysler!