Author Topic: In pusuit of performance happiness  (Read 3001 times)

Beachbum

In pusuit of performance happiness
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »
The pursuit has begun, I ordered a 4.0 TB for my old / new to me 91 YJ today. I will install a K&N filter in the factory box to compliment it. I'm anxious to see what the results will be, the 33 inch tires have turned the 5 speed tranny into a 3 speed, hopefully the driving experience will improve some !!!!!!!!! ( 4.88 gears are coming soon ). I have many wanted upgrades, but first must perform some basic needs maintenance. The old YJ has been neglected and mostly sitting in a barn for a while and needs a little TLC to get everything working properly again, just the clean up has been a huge job, bird nest in the dash, rat nest in the air box, unplug and clean all electrical connections and reconnect etc. I have gotten a lot of good info from this sight and will continue to do so, thanks for everyones help.

Beachbum

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:49:18 AM »
www.rustysoffroad.com is selling  alluminum 1" TB spacers for $50.00 right now if anybody is shopping for them, this is the best price I have been able to find for a TB spacer. Needless to say I ordered 1 to go with my new TB.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
Ebay has them for cheaper...
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Beachbum

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 02:24:46 PM »
I thought e bay may have them a little cheaper, problem is I work overseas and am currently at work. The company I work for has e bay blocked so I'm unable to access it. Today I ordered an electric fan and a accel ignition coil. Altogether that gives me the 4.0TB and spacer, elec. fan and ignition coil. Everything should be waiting for me when I get home, I can't wait to see / feel the results of these mods, although I'm not expecting much although anything will help. Those 33" tires have sucked the life from the little engine. Next on the list ????? Brakes and 4.88's

lanulos89

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »
beachbum try going to google and search for "ebay search page".  Click on the first link, my high school blocks ebay too but that way works to log on.  there has and never will be a waqy to block web sites fully.  If that above method doesnt work go to proxyweb.net, and try that way.

Beachbum

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »
Thanks for the cheat sheet, but it didn't work. I did try though !!!!!!!!!
The insatiable pursuit continues, I ordered a 120 amp Bosch alternator from auto parts warehouse yesterday, they have them for $133.00 new. The old / new YJ has 6 - 100W spot lights  ( I believe they're 100 watt ) that really put a strain on the stock alternator, as a matter of fact the alternator just doesn't seem to be working properly even with no lights on, hopefully the new alt. along with a new battery will liven up the electrics, still need brakes and 4.88's question is when ??????

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »
Hmm, I would have got a 136A, probably for the same price.   You can buy them new and return your old one as a core at many places.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Beachbum

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
The 136 amp was $200.00 at the same place, I considered it but decided to go with the 120 amp for 2 reasons. The price difference and I don't know whether the 136 amp would be to much or require more upgrades electrically, don't want to burn it to the ground if I can keep from it, Ha !!

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 11:00:09 PM »
Hmm, PartsAmerica.com reman Bosch 120a $151.99.  $177.99 for the 136a.

Offline chardrc

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 07:00:21 PM »
about geting around the block.. at our school if you download and use mozilla firefox you can get around all of there stupid blocks... good luck :D
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

wgray

Internet
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 04:18:10 PM »
Beach Bum, I suggest just dealing with the internet filter. As a network administrator for a internationally known company, However i cannot say which, i thought i would inform you that most companies have the internet filtered very well (this exludes small buisnesses). The firewall blocks acess to any sight they choose, no matter what browser they use. To bad though cause i get all my parts from ebay.

lanulos89

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 04:51:16 PM »
ehh there are still ways a orund it. for instance download firefox, and set it up to browse through a proxy server.  hehe i hav way to much time on my hands at school, i get aorund any of there blocks.

Offline chardrc

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 07:38:51 PM »
Quote from: "lanulos89"
ehh there are still ways a orund it. for instance download firefox, and set it up to browse through a proxy server.  hehe i hav way to much time on my hands at school, i get aorund any of there blocks.

lol last year jsut using firefox worked at my school.. but now its more complecated... but for the most part if you used comand prompt to find the sites ipadress you cna go ther unless they blocked the ip...... adnn ya they say were not soposed to use comand prompt but all we have to do is make a short cut to it.. and if they katch you you get to play tug of war with your mouse curser....... (they try to go start shutdown.....) and then they look you out for a week or 2..
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr