Author Topic: Awesome sighting  (Read 1421 times)

Chad

Awesome sighting
« on: October 16, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »
So yesterday it was nice out and I was taking my new lady friend for a drive through the mountains and all of the sudden this enormouse mountain lion runs accross the road right in front of me, I've never seen a mountain lion up close like that in wild but it was great and it made my day, it crossed like maybe 8 yards in front of me so i got a good look it and stopped to watch it bound through the rockies- the best part though was I'd taked my doors off earlier that day-too lazy to deal with the rear soft top pain in the ass window zippers to take the top down.  And my lady friend was so scared because she thought the mountain lion wanted to jump in my jeep and rip her out of her seat, it was fantastic.

zeitlerusmc

Awesome sighting
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 02:16:35 PM »
Only in a jeep!

Offline chardrc

Awesome sighting
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 02:34:14 PM »
sweet.....lol :roflol:
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

lanulos89

Awesome sighting
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:24:14 PM »
thats when u hold her and comfort her. :lol:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Awesome sighting
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 04:28:35 PM »
Did you honk at it and yell to get it off the road?  I'm sure that would scare her.   :roflol:

I've yet to see one of those.  I've seen plenty of dear, snakes, wild pigs, rabbits, pheasants and the occasional rare fox but never a cougar.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
Awesome sighting
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:54:58 PM »
Seeing a mountain lion would be awesome. I've seen plenty of brown bears here in the Poconos. Several times I've had a momma bear cross followed by two cubs. It never gets old. To bad you wern't able to get pictures. It sounds like a great seen.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

Chad

Awesome sighting
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:44:29 PM »
I was pretty pumped because i've been living in colorado for 4 years and this was the first PUMA i got to see, so instead of being all swuave (can't even spell the word) like Lanulos would, I put my fist out the window and started pumping it and yelling YEA! as the cat ran accross the road it was awesome though because the thing was really moving fast but it was like slow motion, i've never seen a brown bear but i hope you don't mess with momma bear

SMC4WD

Awesome sighting
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 01:27:17 PM »
That's soo funny Chad...  Instead of being suave...

I'd do the same thing you did, I'd scream and yell "How cool, how cool!!"  

The closest wild animals we get are deer.  They're not to wild.