Author Topic: Weekend tune up.  (Read 1527 times)

SDentone

Weekend tune up.
« on: October 13, 2006, 05:17:38 PM »
Any suggestions on an upgraded ignition kit for the 90 YJ?  I tried Performance distributors but they had nothing older than 91.  Also I am changing the oil and the fuel filter.  Suggestions on good aftermarket parts for those would be greatly appreciated.

Learning as I go.

superman1456

Weekend tune up.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:46:08 PM »
k&n filters all the way with sintetic oil

lanulos89

Weekend tune up.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
yea filter, tb spacer

Greatwhite

Weekend tune up.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 09:49:47 PM »
Id run Royal Purple Synthetic oil, its pricey but it sure does wonders  :D

SDentone

Weekend tune up.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:11:30 AM »
Quote from: "Greatwhite"

Looked into the "Royal Purlpe"  I can't believe any oil is worth that much.  Synthetic, or regular.  What makes Purple so wonderful that they think they can charge that much for it?  Man that is crazy.   :roll:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Weekend tune up.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:26:58 PM »
Quote from: "SDentone"
Quote from: "Greatwhite"

Looked into the "Royal Purlpe"  I can't believe any oil is worth that much.  Synthetic, or regular.  What makes Purple so wonderful that they think they can charge that much for it?  Man that is crazy.   :roll:

Ground up leprechauns.  :lol1:   I use Synthetics in the engine but I haven't used it with anything else.  I haven't used Redline or Royal Purple since it's not that easy to get and if I'm off someplace and need to top off or refill, I can get Mobile1 just about anywhere.  I end up changing my gear oil fairly frequently so it would be a waste for me to use it there.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

SDentone

Weekend tune up.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:49 PM »

Ground up leprechauns.  :lol1:   I use Synthetics in the engine but I haven't used it with anything else.  I haven't used Redline or Royal Purple since it's not that easy to get and if I'm off someplace and need to top off or refill, I can get Mobile1 just about anywhere.  I end up changing my gear oil fairly frequently so it would be a waste for me to use it there.

I had some Quaker synthetic sittin arround in the garage so I used it.  I got it  6 months ago for .99 cents a quart.

Why do you change gear oil so much?  Something I should know?