Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 756 times)

jeeppluvr

HELP!!!!
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:49:39 PM »
Ok,
  I've read a million or what seems to be a million post about fuel injector upgrades. I have a jeep 2.5 automatic, and trying to get more power out of it.  Now I understand  about putting a 4.0 throttle body on.  But as far as the whole injectors thing,  I'm totally confused.  I have a header, high flow exhaust, tube ari filter, 4.0 throttle body, and throttle body spacer.  The only thing left is the injectors.  WHAT do I do?  I've been told you can put 4.0 injectors in, but what about the fuel regulator?  I have no idea about this part, and the step by step prosses  I'm not out to get crazzzzyyy, just want to get a few more poneys out of my 4 popper.  Thanks Chad :shock: [/b]

Offline chardrc

HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:01:54 AM »
from what ive read most the people hear still use the stock pressure regulator with the 19# ford injectors. cuz they give a better spray pattern. but if you were to get a different pressure regulator to get the presure were they should be for the new injectors they would probably have a better power gain. (unless you air fuel mixture gets too rich.)
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
HELP!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 01:05:17 PM »
The pressure of the 4.0L Denso injectors are the same as the Ford Orange #19.  The biggest difference is that the Fords have 4 jets while the Denso's are 1 jet.  This has been talking about in the injector threads.

Honestly, for $30 it's an easy swap.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline jagular7

HELP!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
From reading your post, you've are asking for more power out of a 4cyl. You've upgraded the bolt-on pieces which provided some benefits, but that's probably about all you can do for such an engine. Its not a high rpm engine, it's not a torque monster for its size. If you really want hp out of such an engine, you'll have to invest in machining and proper pieces to get the respectable hp you seem to want. Or swap it out.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Tall Boy

HELP!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »
They have a turbo charger we have discussed within the last two or three months, other than that it will probably be all gears, other than those injectors jeffy refers to.
my Jeep does not like high rpm's either. i took a trip halfway across the country and at 65 mph at rpm's at around 3,000 the jeep did not want to start back up after I took a pit stop,it took a few cranks in some 15-25 degree weather.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
HELP!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:46:47 AM »
Quote from: "Tall Boy"
They have a turbo charger we have discussed within the last two or three months, other than that it will probably be all gears, other than those injectors jeffy refers to.
my Jeep does not like high rpm's either. i took a trip halfway across the country and at 65 mph at rpm's at around 3,000 the jeep did not want to start back up after I took a pit stop,it took a few cranks in some 15-25 degree weather.

It didn't like 3000rpm??  That's still at the lower end of the powerband.  Mine will go up to +5000 but it screams even at 4000 rpm.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Tall Boy

HELP!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 12:34:23 PM »
I was driving the up's and down's on the I-70 through Utah from Grand Junction,Co and the r's were ranging from 2 k's on the descents and 4k's on the ascent's, but the medium would be 3k r's.
It does good around town at higher R's like 3 K. But I rarely take it above 4 K R's because I cannot afford any problems. Most 6 and 8 cylinders are cruising with power to spare at 1,200 rpm's , and I just never understood that 4 cylinders are good at higher r p m's.

Offline chardrc

HELP!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »
speaking of the power band beeing at like 3-5k. it reminds me of a friend of mine with a Cherokee with the 2.5l and a manual tray but it doesn't have a tac.. just has a huge fuel gauge.. what was jeep thinking. i mean you can drive it without a tac but it makes it harder to know how hard to push it.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr