Author Topic: Need front axle regeared in San Diego area  (Read 1181 times)

StvDiego

Need front axle regeared in San Diego area
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »
Ok so I have nice brand new set of 33" ProComp X-Trerrains that a friend took off a Jeep he bought last week. I have a complete rear axle ready to hang and already geared to 4:88. Now I need to find someone who can regear the front axle.

Any suggestions on a shop, or person, in the San Diego area who can do the job, or, does anyone have an front axle for sale that is already geared to 4:88? I'm looking to get it done within the next week, or at least in time to get out to the desert by President's Day weekend.

Tall Boy

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:10:03 AM »
There is a top guy there called MIT in el cajon?
 Here in Colton they will do it for less money at 4west though,they are reputeable too. Like $450 at 4 west and $6-700 at MIT and everywhere else.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:44:22 AM »
Ouch, those prices better include parts.  Might be better to find a speed shop or someone who knows someone who can do it for under $200 (labor only).
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
Regearing
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 11:29:03 AM »
If you are of some where between monday or wednesday I can help you I have done a bunch of cana 60's-70's and 80's so the little one should not be a problem. as long as you have a compressor that will run a 1/2 impact. I will bring the tools and you will owe me some trail rides lol also might want the old gears and other jeep junk you have

Art
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
Re: Regearing
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »
Quote from: "aw12345"
If you are of some where between monday or wednesday I can help you I have done a bunch of cana 60's-70's and 80's so the little one should not be a problem. as long as you have a compressor that will run a 1/2 impact. I will bring the tools and you will owe me some trail rides lol also might want the old gears and other jeep junk you have

Art

damn...take him up on it!!!
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 12:05:10 PM »
That's a great deal.  Not only do you get it done for lunch and a trailride but you get to help and meet a new friend!
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Tall Boy

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »
plus a future reference on how to do it yourself.

StvDiego

Re: Regearing
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 07:00:57 AM »
Quote from: "aw12345"

Art

How about that, Monday is my day off and I have an extra 12-pack. I sent an e-mail thanks.

Guardian7

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 10:50:21 PM »
Got mine done a Pro-Gear in San Diego

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
Got your e mail
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »
I can do monday no problem. You got the shims and collapsible spacer for it though? Also what was the original gearing and where do you want to gear it too? If it has say a 3.55 gearing and you want 4.56 you might need either special gears or a different carrier. the cut of is 3.73 gears and higher. You want to kinda make sure we have everything needed before the scatter and splatter. You can e mail me at aw12345@msn.com and we can then discuss it over the phone if need be

Art
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE