Author Topic: maintenance lite  (Read 1096 times)

christopher

maintenance lite
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »
does anyone now how to get the maintence lite to go off? tried to disconnect the battery no go.changed and checked all fluids. also i checked my diagnostic codes and it is throwing a code 13 it says no diffrence recognized between the engine map reading and the barometric (atmosphereic) pressure reading at start up.all though these codes are for a 95 xj/yj it says ,i think they will work for my 92 yj.if not does anyone have the codes for a 92 yj?one thing after a nother seems to be happening to my jeep. :brick:

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
Re: maintenance lite
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
Check for vacuum on the line that goes to the map sensor on the firewall.  If you feel vacuum then the MAP sensor is probabally bad.
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

christopher

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »
check the line its self to see if there is a leak in it or pull the line of the map sensor and check it.dont it run some what of of vacume.

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »
Pull the vac line off the MAP and see if there is vac present.  If there is then the Map is most likely bad.  If there is not vac then you have a leak somewhere.
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

christopher

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:56:09 PM »
all right ill try that.do you no how to get my maintance light off?

christopher

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 09:59:06 PM »
does any one have the right codes for 92 yj that they can direct me to?

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 10:49:15 PM »
If you've disconnected the battery for  at least 5 minutes or grounded the leads and it comes back then you've got a problem someplace.

13 -     No difference recognized between the engine MAP reading and the barometric (atmosphere) pressure reading from start-up.

OBD-1 Codes are all the same.  Actually OBD-2 codes are the same until they went to P Codes which are of course different.

So, you've either got a vacuum line leak or your MAP is dead like oldjeep said.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

christopher

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 07:45:33 AM »
jeffy thanks for setting me straight with the codes.

christopher

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 11:05:42 AM »
disconnect the battery for the third time and the codes are clear. the map sensor check out allright too with the vacuum.the frickin maintenance light still wount go out tried  everything possible. local garage will hook it up for 70 smacks dont want to do it but the light is driving me nuts.its probably some crap senser that really dont do much but cause you headaches.

christopher

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »
oldjeep thanks for the info!