Author Topic: exhaust sound  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: exhaust sound
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »
what are you talking about?? you don't need to use the  brake at all it's all in the fuel.
If you need the brake your not doing it right!!!  only way you need the brake is if they stop quicker then expected and you actually have to use the brakes because engine braking isn't enough

"auto gay" learn to drive!! lol
We're talking about heel&toe...

Gay or not, a computer-controlled double-clutch gearbox is faster on the up and down shifts then any person.  There's a reason why most race cars don't use a manual clutch anymore.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Torch_Ind

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
We're talking about heel&toe...

Gay or not, a computer-controlled double-clutch gearbox is faster on the up and down shifts then any person.  There's a reason why most race cars don't use a manual clutch anymore.

off topic

I got no prob shifting my self, without a clutch even don't need any heel toe action .. I do the same as accelerating or decelerating

Not a fan of auto's I know how to drive don't need computers and shit to do it for me.. it's money for nothing in my opinion and that's all it is "my opinion"

thanks for the comments on how it sounds
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:32:40 PM by Torch_Ind »

Dylan

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:52 PM »
Sounds like my old VW Superbeetle after the muffler got squashed and split open.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Sounds like my old VW Superbeetle after the muffler got squashed and split open.

:thumb:

Offline andpgud

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
Do you recommend taking away the cat from a stock exhaust?

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »

it's illegal so the answer is "no".
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

RT

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »

You're better off getting a high flow 50-state. They're cheaper than the stock replacement, louder, and cleaner. On top of that, cars that are built with a cat are tuned to run with the small amount of back-pressure generated by them. So if you remove that back-pressure, especially if you're running a straight through muffler like a glasspack, you will actually lose power. On top of that the people who drive behind you on the road will think your a mega-douche, I would.

YJWralph

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
I like it.  Sounds a lot like mine, but a LITTLE deeper... Not much.  I'm running a pacesetter header and downpipe, no cat, straight pipe to a dynomax muffler.  Doesn't sound ricer at all.  Kid down the street has a ricer, and the old lady can tell the difference in the note...  :thumb:

Torch_Ind

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »
I like it.  Sounds a lot like mine, but a LITTLE deeper... Not much.  I'm running a pacesetter header and downpipe, no cat, straight pipe to a dynomax muffler.  Doesn't sound ricer at all.  Kid down the street has a ricer, and the old lady can tell the difference in the note...  :thumb:

:thumb:

it's actually a lot deeper then the vid mic picks up..  I think that's why it cuts out from time to time to because it's to low for it