Author Topic: Power Steering Reservoir  (Read 923 times)

Offline mrcabinet

Power Steering Reservoir
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:45:47 AM »
My PS reservoir decided to commit suicide yesterday by jumping off it's mount and into the pump pulley. I called the dealership and there are around 160 of them on backorder nationally. Nothing on ebay either. Local pick 'n pulls don't have anything.

Does anyone know if the 4.0 version - the tank that attaches to the pump directly - will work? Any after market ones? Can I just fab one from PVC parts?

I know you guys are pretty creative, so all your input is appreciated.
No matter where you're going, there you are.

Offline neale_rs

Re: Power Steering Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
You could probably use one from almost any car with a remote reservoir, you would just need to adapt the mount. Or get an aluminum one from PSC.
'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »
The PS reservoir is low pressure so you can use just about anything.  A universal would work fine.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline neale_rs

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
I think I'll hit the u-pull-it today and see if I can find something that will work. Does anyone happen to know the hose fitting size? I can't pull mine off to measure since I have to drive it there. It's amazing what Gorilla tape can hold together!

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 08:09:51 PM »
FYI, a reservoir from a 3 or 5 series makes a great replacement. 6 bucks w/ bracket at the salvage yard. I probably just added 5 hp too, since it's a beemer part.