Author Topic: Need help with CHEAP alloy wheel options  (Read 978 times)

jeeper78

Need help with CHEAP alloy wheel options
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. Been a little too busy delivering heating oil through 3 feet of snow here in the Philly area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any factory alloy wheels (Jeep, Ford or otherwise) with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and  4" - 4.75" backspacing. I'm running the columbia edition jeep wheels (15x7 5.5" B.S.) with 33x10.5 BFG all terrains, and washers on my steering stops, but want my tight turning radius back. I want alloys because I have not regeared yet, (4.10's) but I'm not spending $100 a wheel for the aftermarket stuff. I'll go for 15x7's or 15x8's.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:40:42 PM by jeeper78 »

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
Re: Need help with CHEAP alloy wheel options
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:17:38 AM »
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. Been a little too busy delivering heating oil through 3 feet of snow here in the Philly area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any factory alloy wheels (Jeep, Ford or otherwise) with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern and  4" - 4.75" backspacing. I'm running the columbia edition jeep wheels (15x7 5.5" B.S.) with 33x10.5 BFG all terrains, and washers on my steering stops, but want my tight turning radius back. I want alloys because I have not regeared yet, (4.10's) but I'm not spending $100 a wheel for the aftermarket stuff. I'll go for 15x7's or 15x8's.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks

as far as i know out of the stock ones rubi had 5x4.5 and they were the ones with decent backspacing - not sure of the price.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
Old stock YJ rims should be somewhere around that backspacing.

What do alloys have to do with regearing anyways?  The weight difference between an alloy and a regular steel jeep wheel is next to nothing.
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
XJ hubcaps
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:10 PM »
Saw these hubcaps on an XJ at a local college parking lot. 

'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Looks like they are off a Waggy.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
All of your Jeep wheels are going to be 5-5.5" BS.  There are none in the 4-4.75" range.  Going to steel wheels isn't going to add enough weight to really notice especially with a 33.10.5R15.  If you want a tighter turning radius, make sure you're washer stack is the bare minimum required.  Mine's pretty tight as I have maybe 1/4" of clearance.  The turning radius isn't bad.

Now if you wanted something in the 4" range and wanted to go to a steel wheel there are options.  Check out the Skinny Tire thread.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."