Author Topic: Jeepair...  (Read 5764 times)

Torch_Ind

Re: Beware of Jeepair...
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
I more mean they not going to order parts in for you if you don't pay up front or give them some kind of down.  even though it took 4 months it's prob there supplier not there fault it took so long.

when I get parts from my local 4wd shop here I don't care if it takes a while to come in I usually pay him or give him my visa to order what I need.  there not going to order all this stuff in and 4 months later have you bail or not pay. I know I wouldn't take that chance.

another thing they could have done witch I have had companies do it to me and I was pissed off!!! they would ship me partial orders and charge me extra shipping cause it could have been all shipped together for a lot less as 1 package.

another thing in my case being in Canada if it's sent ups as one package i would only pay one brokerage fee vs them sending say 3 different packages I get charge the brokerage fee 3 times + the duties but that I understand is a hole different thing but same idea
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:32:34 PM by Torch_Ind »

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
I more mean they not going to order parts in for you if you don't pay up front or give them some kind of down.  even though it took 4 months it's prob there supplier not there fault it took so long.

when I get parts from my local 4wd shop here I don't care if it takes a while to come in I usually pay him or give him my visa to order what I need.  there not going to order all this stuff in and 4 months later have you bail or not pay. I know I wouldn't take that chance.

another thing they could have done witch I have had companies do it to me and I was pissed off!!! they would ship me partial orders and charge me extra shipping cause it could have been all shipped together for a lot less as 1 package.

another thing in my case being in Canada if it's sent ups as one package i would only pay one brokerage fee vs them sending say 3 different packages I get charge the brokerage fee 3 times + the duties but that I understand is a hole different thing but same idea
Yeah, some smaller shops want you to pay up front for special orders.  Since the order was big, it was free shipping which is nice.  One shipment in two boxes though.

I also noticed Qtech selling the same kit from JeepAir.  This would be a better way to order it as Qtech will more then likely have them in stock.  I think that's one of the contract agreements so people aren't waiting forever.  Also one of the problems with a small company, keeping stock onhand for direct orders.

** saw the price.  Ouch, that's going to be around $3-400 more then what I paid.  Why is it the 2.5L kit costs more when the hose kits cost the same?

I should also say, the quality of the kit looks good and everything was packaged in bags and not free floating.

If I was going to rate them as a company, I'd give them a -C for their service.  I'll have to hold off on the other stuff for when it's all set up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:27:04 PM by Jeffy »
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Torch_Ind

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
I agree they could have done better customer service in just letting you know how long things could take

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »
if something is backordered they should not charge the card until they can ship it, you just run the authorization and don't do the settlement, just like when you rent a car, you put more miles on it or keep it longer they charge the card when you bring it back. I agree with Jeffy, it's a 4 month loan they got from him and probably from other customers too, looks fishy to me, imagine they have 2 or 300 customers waiting for 4 months that could be like 1/4 million in their bank account collecting interest and customers getting charged by Visa/Mastercard/Amex on the other hand.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:57:00 PM by sharpxmen »
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
Here's an update;

BBB Processing

12/20/2011     web   BBB   Case Received by BBB
12/21/2011     LDS   BBB   Case Reviewed by BBB
12/21/2011     Otto   MAIL   Notify Business of Dispute
01/05/2012     TAY   BBB   Courtesy Call to Business
01/06/2012     WEB   BBB   RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : As the owner I can completely understand the frustration Jeff and Michelle have gone through with my company's actions.  Without making any excuses I can explain a small part of the problem.  I broke my leg 10 months ago and have been in and out of the hospital for seven surgeries in that time period.  During my absence I left Doug in charge of operations.  He was the most qualified to run my company during my healing process, and we have been friends for 18 years.  What I found out was even with 18 years of friendship you do not know a person's true self until you are left in a vulnerable situation.  There is not any justifiable excuse for this type of business transaction and I am very saddened to see a person feels my company has intentionally tried to take their money without shipping them product.  I realize that my customers will keep me in business. Unfortunately my former employee did not.  Since receiving numerous complaints as this one I have terminated Doug from this company and now I am "cleaning up the mess".  This a/c system has already shipped and has been delivered by the time I responded to this complaint.  I am willing to give the customer a full refund and pay for shipping it back to my facility.  I cannot undo the past experience I can only give a sincere apology.  I am so sorry you had to go through this and I promise this is not normal operating procedure for this company.
01/09/2012     CLW   EMAIL   Forward Business response to Consumer

I'm actually keeping the kit since it was boxed really nice and the parts were nice as well.  Also the owner apologized with goes a long way.   I have run into a QC issue though.  Sent them some pictures of what I was having issues with.  Emailed them yesterday and got a response today.   They offered to send me a new unit.  He seems to be doing sales himself now that the other guy is gone.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
that was nice and professional (his response) - seems to be on the right track.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 05:55:48 PM »
that was nice and professional (his response) - seems to be on the right track.
Yes, I think he fixed the issue.  Being one of the few that deal with Jeep, you don't have much options.  I've seen another kit that someone has and the duct doesn't look nearly as nice.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:32 PM »
this seems like a lot of work and hassle when I just run with no doors or roof all summer. the most I have is the top section up to keep the sun off me never felt I needed a/c

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
this seems like a lot of work and hassle when I just run with no doors or roof all summer. the most I have is the top section up to keep the sun off me never felt I needed a/c
When it's over 100 degrees or the humidity's over 70% or even when you want to get to someplace without looking like you stepped out of a sauna that was in a wind tunnel.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
When it's over 100 degrees or the humidity's over 70% or even when you want to get to someplace without looking like you stepped out of a sauna that was in a wind tunnel.

and you have to take a jeep there?

i'm picturing a hard top with the doors on windows up in a big lifted jeep in really hot weather wearing a suit and tie?  would that not look funny?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:02:52 PM by Torch_Ind »

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »

and you have to take a jeep there?

i'm picturing a hard top with the doors on windows up in a big lifted jeep in really hot weather wearing a suit and tie?  would that not look funny?
I'm not gonna walk.  I do not have another vehicle.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
I'm not gonna walk.  I do not have another vehicle.

:thumb:

Offline aka-justin

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
Here's an update;

I'm actually keeping the kit since it was boxed really nice and the parts were nice as well.  Also the owner apologized with goes a long way.   I have run into a QC issue though.  Sent them some pictures of what I was having issues with.  Emailed them yesterday and got a response today.   They offered to send me a new unit.  He seems to be doing sales himself now that the other guy is gone.

Seems that the subject really needs to read "Beware of [Doug who got fired from] Jeepair.com..."
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:53:58 PM by 1995yj »
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
Seems that the subject really needs to read "Beware of [Doug who got fired from] Jeepair.com..."
Yeah.  I'll change the title later.

On another note, the owner things I can push the expansion valve into the housing to gain more clearance.  He said 'we stand by our product' and assured if anything went wrong while pushing it in, he'd fix it.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
Yeah.  I'll change the title later.

On another note, the owner things I can push the expansion valve into the housing to gain more clearance.  He said 'we stand by our product' and assured if anything went wrong while pushing it in, he'd fix it.

what housing, i missed that picture (i think).