Author Topic: LED interior underdash lights  (Read 2991 times)

Torch_Ind

Re: LED interior underdash lights
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 03:56:55 PM »
Well someone before me did something wrong to the original horn so it doesn't work when you push the horn. Dash lights only work when I turn them on. I did find the little push button for the door but the fuse looked like it was in good shape. The push button does look like it is being held together by tape though so that will be my next step.

my door button was gone ages ago.  and I did ditch the dimmer/interior light switch and made it a toggle for the interior light and just put the dash lights on full brightness all the time.  I don't care if I have the door switch.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Huh?

The gash lights, horn and stereo are all on the same 15A fuse.  So if all three are out then it's most likely the fuse.  Now if you're electrical's are all cobbled together then all bets are off.

For the door switches, there are usually two plugs for the driver side.  One is for the light and the other is for teh key buzzer.  If the doors have been off then usually the person will pull the plugs out from behind the switch.

He said he had tape on them.  Well I got my 94 in 94 Used but very few Miles on it.  Mine has tape on them so he may just be looking at old wiring.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »
The plug that plugs into the little push button looks pretty rough so it is a possibility that it is just worn out and not making proper connection. I did fiddle around with it a bit and it did not seem to work. I will try to trace the wires back to make sure they actually have good connection or not.