Author Topic: CAD  (Read 2616 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: CAD
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:56 AM »
I'm guessing mine is a bit of both it shakes before 55mph for me. but my angle isn't the best with my lift.  I was thinking about finding a TJ front drive shaft with the double cardan joint

you would have to adjust the pinion angle if that is the issue, going to a cv joint at the t-case won't change that (for what is worth would be slightly more since you'd be pushing the outer CV u-joint forward) that also involves realigning the Cs on the axle to regain the caster angle (and not get the wobble issue) - TJ drivesaft would def help since it's balanced so that might solve your problem (i have no idea if it's CV or not but they are balanced since the pass axle is one piece).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: CAD
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
you would have to adjust the pinion angle if that is the issue, going to a cv joint at the t-case won't change that (for what is worth would be slightly more since you'd be pushing the outer CV u-joint forward) that also involves realigning the Cs on the axle to regain the caster angle (and not get the wobble issue) - TJ drivesaft would def help since it's balanced so that might solve your problem (i have no idea if it's CV or not but they are balanced since the pass axle is one piece).
Yup, if you don't rotate the inner knuckles (C's), you'll end up with less caster which will probably give you 0-1*.  It would be better/cheaper to just get the YJ shaft balanced though.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."