Author Topic: Multi buzzer  (Read 397 times)

Offline RickBrins

Multi buzzer
« on: March 13, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »
Ok, so a couple of days ago the 95 Wrangler started buzzing in the middle of the night with everything off.  It was a faint buzz that would stop when the key was turned on.  Eventually it stopped then the next day it was quiet when I parked it, but was buzzing when I came out a few hours later. Turning the key off and on a few times I could intermittently get it to buzz.

It is quieter then the key buzzer and it seems to be a different buzzer but from the same location. It is the multi buzzer attached to the bottom of the fuse block.

I unplugged it and checked the contacts, I even opened it up to make sure there was nothing obviously messed up inside.

I know that one buzzer in there is for the "key in, door open" buzz.  What is the other for?  Seat belt buzzer?  Is there something else?

Since I plugged the buzzer back in, I have not been able to duplicate the problem, but as it is intermittent, only time will tell.

Any thoughts or experience out there?
95 YJ, K&N airfilter in an opened up stock box, 4.0 THTL body, spacer, Headers, Free flow cat and exhaust, 20 gal tank mod, 30 x 9.5 BFG's

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Multi buzzer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »
I think there are only two thing the buzzer triggers for.  One's for the key and the other for the seatbelt.  I'm going to guess something causing one of then to trigger.  Could be gunk on the connectors or could be internal. 
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline RickBrins

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
That was my thought too, pulled the buzzer, didn't notice any gunk, but it has yet to happen since. I hate intermittent electrical problems.

If it comes back I will dig more and let you all know.
95 YJ, K&N airfilter in an opened up stock box, 4.0 THTL body, spacer, Headers, Free flow cat and exhaust, 20 gal tank mod, 30 x 9.5 BFG's

Offline bootguy

• TANSTAAFL There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 08:15:33 PM »
I think every Jeep has Gremlins.
1994 Jeep Wrangler, 2.5L, automatic, 2.5" lift, 4:88 gearing, 33" tires, 2.5" exhaust from manifold back, air restrictor removed.