Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 297139 times)

Offline Ifixthings

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #1605 on: April 15, 2020, 11:59:01 PM »
Hi all, finally managed to get in.

Picked up a 96 XJ last year from my neighbor, was hard to turn down. 2.5/5spd/4x4/2dr. Seemingly almost doesn't exist.

So I decided over winter that I want to do something of a retro 80's build. Twin tube bumpers, roof bar with KC's, just the right amount of chrome everywhere, etc etc. Be a great beach cruiser kind of thing.

I've found that the 2.5 has adequate power with the 5spd and 4.10 gears to keep the 30" tires rolling, highway speed is no problem, not fast by any means but not so slow it can't get out of it's own way.

Been working on maintenance, and after doing the fuel filter, 6 hole EV6 injectors (with matching harness grafted in to replace the old harness), plugs and wires, this thing already found a few more of the missing gerbils. I'm quite happy with it.

But enough is never enough, and I'd love to pull some more power out of it. I'm thinking a supercharger will give me all the power I'm looking for and more.

So that's why I'm here, in a nutshell.

Time to browse!

Offline MJ4BangRocker

« Reply #1606 on: July 25, 2020, 10:02:29 PM »
Just joined, just joined the 4 cylinder world in total. Picked up an 86 MJ this past Friday, TBI 2.5 5 speed w/ 4wd. Factory 4.10s i think. Long bed :thumbsup: It's got a 3 link up front and bigger leafs out back on 33s, so i'll be using it for weekend trips and for puttin around town. Can't do anything else, barely get's outta it's own way. ::)

I'd like to slowly fix it up and restore it a little as they are slowly getting harder to find, but definitely wanna give the abused 2.5 some of it's life back. :truck:
'86 Comanche Long Bed. TBI 2.5L, catless with aftermarket muffler(unknown), AX-5. 4.10 gears. IRO Front 3 Link. Front D30 Spartan Locker, Rear D35 Open. 17 inch JK rims wrapped in 33inch BFGs, and a whole lotta character...

Offline Long_Nose

« Reply #1607 on: August 05, 2020, 09:44:07 PM »
Hi everyone. I finally got an account after figuring out the process. I'm on the Facebook one. But there's more stuff on here I guess. The vehicles info is as follows: 1997 2.5 auto 2.5l red with 31x10.5 tires; almost all stock with 170 k. Needs a lot of work now what she runs and passed smog after sitting for a couple years because of electrical issues and lost keys; it's been in the family for 22 years (1999). Slowly fixing it up; got it to drive reliably since last year but it's gas mileage sucks. With 170k and a slipping transmission that has hard time going to reverse unless it's warmed up and hot outside or driving on the freeway for an extended period. Yeah I could use the help and advice that others have. I've been  reading about Jeeps for awhile and I can replace an alternator, starter but I've never taken apart an engine on the internal side except years ago in automotive class back in the 90s. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself/old redena (name jeep) sorry for rambling on. 1 Jeep wave to another hi.

Offline falshrmjgr

« Reply #1608 on: September 07, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »
Just turned 50, jumped out of planes for Uncle Sam once upon a time, first Jeep was a 2001 2.5 Wrangler TJ, had an '06 LJ, and now have a '94.

Howdy!

-Jaeger

Offline Pops1966

« Reply #1609 on: November 21, 2022, 12:39:58 PM »
Hello I live in Panama City ,Florida by way of Little Rock ,Arkansas. I am in the process of re gearing my 97 Little Green Jeep. It has 3.73 with 33's and a 4 inch lift. getting 4.88's so I can at least drive it on the High way at 60-65. Also about to move to North Georgia , so I will be needing a little more gear to get around in the Hills.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1610 on: December 03, 2022, 01:29:17 PM »
Hello I live in Panama City ,Florida by way of Little Rock ,Arkansas. I am in the process of re gearing my 97 Little Green Jeep. It has 3.73 with 33's and a 4 inch lift. getting 4.88's so I can at least drive it on the High way at 60-65. Also about to move to North Georgia , so I will be needing a little more gear to get around in the Hills.
Welcome!  If you haven't got the gears yet, I'd highly recommend going with 5.13s if you have a manual.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 01:29:34 PM by Jeffy »
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline 91yjmike

« Reply #1611 on: December 26, 2022, 05:17:20 AM »
Hello all, name is Mike, live in Florida, pipe welder and fitter by trade, work in the space industries, have a 91 yj base model,
2.5, AX5, no power anything except brakes, lifted with 33’s other than that pretty well stock.

Offline benvenner

« Reply #1612 on: January 18, 2023, 06:34:11 PM »
Hello, I'm a new member. My history with Jeeps starts at 16. Always have had one as my second vehicle, with an F150 being my main. I have had a 94 XJ 4.0, a 99 Xj 4.0, a 2000 XJ 4.0, an 2007 GC WK 3.7, and currently have a 95 YJ 2.5 with a 4" lift on 33's.

Offline seanzi

« Reply #1613 on: February 16, 2023, 10:29:22 AM »
Hi, Sean here.
Hopefully this forum isnt too dead. Carcaine addict. Picked up a project '95 YJ Safari off of CraigsList a few years back in Florida. I have another main project car that gets my free time and $$$, so been very slowly going at the YJ. A lot of "buying someone else's project" problems. Fixed a lot of rat nests of wiring, rust, replaced missing suspension stuff, blown a lot of head gaskets and decked the head so many times that my compression is probably crazy high. Built motor, but making way to much boost on a Chinese turbo. Currently in the process or planning of replacing the old school AEM ecu with a MicroSquirt, adding A/C, obtaining a hard top, etc. If you like slow and painful builds then I might have something to document here.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2023, 12:18:38 AM »
Hi, Sean here.
Hopefully this forum isnt too dead. Carcaine addict. Picked up a project '95 YJ Safari off of CraigsList a few years back in Florida. I have another main project car that gets my free time and $$$, so been very slowly going at the YJ. A lot of "buying someone else's project" problems. Fixed a lot of rat nests of wiring, rust, replaced missing suspension stuff, blown a lot of head gaskets and decked the head so many times that my compression is probably crazy high. Built motor, but making way to much boost on a Chinese turbo. Currently in the process or planning of replacing the old school AEM ecu with a MicroSquirt, adding A/C, obtaining a hard top, etc. If you like slow and painful builds then I might have something to document here.
Welcome!  The funny thing is there are always new members even though it seems dead.  Been thinking about doing a Chinese turbo as well.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline littlerio

« Reply #1615 on: December 05, 2023, 10:43:08 PM »
Hey, I'm Alex, i have a '95 Rio Grande and i have found and kind of cheap way to add more power to the 2.5. I found a amr 500 supercharger on amazon for $120. its made for 2.0 motors so it'll be safe for ours. You'll also have to get a blowoff valve which is about $20 on ebay motors and a intercooler for about $70. I still have to get piping and metal to make mounts and to run everything together. if anyone else has tried this before please let me know if there is anything else I need before I get my hopes up.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1616 on: December 21, 2023, 08:47:43 PM »
Hey, I'm Alex, i have a '95 Rio Grande and i have found and kind of cheap way to add more power to the 2.5. I found a amr 500 supercharger on amazon for $120. its made for 2.0 motors so it'll be safe for ours. You'll also have to get a blowoff valve which is about $20 on ebay motors and a intercooler for about $70. I still have to get piping and metal to make mounts and to run everything together. if anyone else has tried this before please let me know if there is anything else I need before I get my hopes up.
I'm always wary of going too cheap.  Keep us updated though!