Author Topic: back to stock  (Read 863 times)

lanulos89

back to stock
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »
well many of you may remember my headache with my header install and such. Well once i got it installed my parents bitched said it's too loud, so they made me quiet it down alot. Well i got a walker quiet flow, stock oem muffler. put it on today at school, since i had all day, welded it up and made it nice and nice, put a cat back on it. well it's quiet, but not quite stock quiet, so it's ok, and what a difference having back pressure make WOW. Im miss my jeep at idle with the header and cat back system tho, i had so many people come up to me and ask me if i had a cam it was great, sounded sweet at idle, i might have a video of it. anyway yea you can't hear me coming a mile away anymore.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: back to stock
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 02:39:07 PM »
Quote from: "lanulos89"
well many of you may remember my headache with my header install and such. Well once i got it installed my parents @#$%! said it's too loud, so they made me quiet it down alot. Well i got a walker quiet flow, stock oem muffler. put it on today at school, since i had all day, welded it up and made it nice and nice, put a cat back on it. well it's quiet, but not quite stock quiet, so it's ok, and what a difference having back pressure make WOW. Im miss my jeep at idle with the header and cat back system tho, i had so many people come up to me and ask me if i had a cam it was great, sounded sweet at idle, i might have a video of it. anyway yea you can't hear me coming a mile away anymore.

Ugh, I hate really loud exhausts.  Even mine gets alloying at higher RPM's.  If you do any long distance driving, you'd go crazy having to listen to a droning exhaust.  Put some swampers on the Jeep and people will hear you miles away when they start to wear down...
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline chardrc

back to stock
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 06:11:32 PM »
only loud exzhaust i like is from v8s.. not a big fan of loud riceburner civics.. but then again the 2.5l sounds/ is alot different form a honda
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr