Author Topic: Performance 2.5 FINALLY done!  (Read 24400 times)

christopher

Performance 2.5 FINALLY done!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2006, 02:30:41 PM »
i bought a create motor for only 1300 hundred and it came with a three year warranty unlimited mileage. i was told it would have cost me double that to hop it up i wish i would have now noing it would of cost me just a little bit more.

RoKnAzn

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 02:14:30 PM »
Quote from: "YJmechanic"
it cost about 1500 to build but i think it is well worth the money cause it is still running great and i have no problems with it.  changing motors to a v-8 will be a lot of expense with all the conversions.

It will cost me around 3-4k for the whole swap.. Just looking at other options..

Anthony

YJmechanic

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 07:58:07 AM »
well thats what i looked at and couldn't justify spending twice as much and going through all the conversion work when i knew i could get the power out of that 4cyl if i tried.

RoKnAzn

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 07:45:18 AM »
Do u have the spec list of parts that u used and did what...

thanks
Anthony

gharger

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
Quote from: "YJmechanic"
You will probably get about the same output maybe more.  Just remember that you can't do the kind of build I did plus a supercharger.  The compressions is too high and a charger would blow the bottom end out.  I am trying to run the numbers to see if I can run a small amount of boost like only 5psi but it is still a game of chance that it'll be ok.

3 lb boost = 1 point compression.

warro

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »
yj mechanic, Nice job. I did a rebuild similar to yours and love the performance. It cost me about the same as you. I financed mine by stripping a cherokee that was given to me and finding a 2.5 motor tranny and t-case for $300. Selling parts from the Cherokee and the 2.5 tranny t-case and the old motor from mine  the cost out of pocket was about $300.

My extras since my build are an intake, 4.0 tb, tb spacer and the ford 19lb injectors.

For the type of build you did you will like what the 19 lb injectors. There was a very noticeable difference when I installed them.

I went 60 over, deck the block, valves, rv cam, etc...

YJmechanic

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »
yeah i was looking at the injectors and haven't made up my mind yet because i will want to run a afr gauge with them and then probably an adjustable map and then i'm going to get pricey before i know it.  

there was a complete build up of the motor and parts but i'm not sure if it is still on the other forum or not,  look around them ask jeffy if you can't find it.  if nothing else i will try to repost again when i get the time.

Baja2far

Re: Performance 2.5 FINALLY done!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »
knowing this is probably a dead thread.. but does anyone have the actual build up for this engine?? im highly interested.. my 2.5 is well past its prime.. and i dont have the means for a larger swap! any  help would be of great value!

-BAJA

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 12:37:22 AM »
knowing this is probably a dead thread.. but does anyone have the actual build up for this engine?? im highly interested.. my 2.5 is well past its prime.. and i dont have the means for a larger swap! any  help would be of great value!

-BAJA

I recommend reading the current threads then checking the FAQ and the Tech forums.  Then when you're done, search.  After that, start a new thread if you have any additional questions.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

YJmechanic

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2007, 08:42:56 PM »
i'm not sure if the build list is still up somewhere or not.  i would take some time but i may be able to come up with it again. 

i got the injectors but haven't put them in yet.  also got  4.0 tb but it hasn't gotten here yet.  we'll see what happens next for my little super 4

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »
I think there's an advantage to being lightweight, but mud runs is where HP really shines.

Baja2far

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »
being light def has its advantages. i dont know how many times my lil 4banger has made it out of tough spots that even my K5 lbuddies got stuck in... all that with a stock 2.5L w/ only a air intake. cant think what i could do with it beefed up ya know. but ya no ya YJ if you could draw up some Specs. that would be hella great info.

-BAJA

damon54

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
I just posted up in the work bench but since we are on the subject of rebuilds does anyone know where I can get rod bolts for the 2.5?

DodgeMudder

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »
I'm going to reply to this thread, even if it's old, and I'm a noob, I'm looking for the specs of this build if it's out there, I tried searching and reading all the build threads I can find, and I keep comming back to this thread as what i want to follow for my build.  I do have a question for you YJmechanic, what compression are you running/what grade gas is needed for this build?  I want to build my 2.5 close to this, but I want to end up on 87, even if I have to lose some hp.

YJmechanic

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2007, 05:50:38 AM »
i'm at about 10:1/ 10.5:1 and i won't run less than 89 but seems to run ok on 89.  i just don't run 87 in anything so i can't tell you if it will run it or not.  cmpression can be set at whatever you want just tell the machinicst how low to cut the deck and or what your gasket thickness.