Author Topic: ORO Jeep stolen in ST. Paul *found*  (Read 2366 times)

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
ORO Jeep stolen in ST. Paul *found*
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »
Steves Steves 98 TJ was stolen from the shop last night along with most of the tools in the place.  If you see it or parts of it contact steve or the police:

info@offroadonly.com
Phone: (651) 644-2323

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:32:01 PM by Jeffy »
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

jcsanders79

Re: ORO Jeep stolen in ST. Paul
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »
If something like that gets stolen around here it is wheeled until its broken or stuck then stripped and set on fire, good luck. 

Offline chardrc

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »
that sucks.. i guess ill be on the look out for it.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

jeepheap

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 02:59:14 PM »
ditto on the wheeled to death. hell, here in delaware i know where theres at least 5 trucks that had been stolen and left. i always want to call them in but its on anm access to 95 for matinence and i'm not suppose to be back there.

one truck i reconized as a freinds blazer. after they pulled it out, two wreckers, they fouind the motor was blown. he got an insurance check for it. then gave me the intake from it.

but good luck finding it.

lanulos89

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
yea around here, they are taken to my fav wheeling spot, striped burnt, rolled off clifs, anything to completly destroy it.  we once found a honda stolen fresh off the dealer lots up there, motor and trans taken, next weeke we went back up, tosted to no tomorow

Liljeepz

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »
That's sick! People are so selfish and self centered, they can only think of there wants, and not the feelings of others. Sure insurance will pay for it, but what about the time that was put into it.

huntingbuck101

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »
When I leave my jeep at the shop where I work I hide the key's. i always feel kind of funny about doing this but just think, no one there at night to here some one brake in and all the cars have key's in them so even car's with anti theft can be driven off with ease.

jeepheap

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 06:18:05 AM »
that's one of the reasons i have a hard top  and doors. they go on if i have to take it to a shop. my dj i even put pad locks on it for when i leave it alone for a long time, ie store it. it's something no insurance check could ever replace.

lanulos89

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 06:27:05 AM »
my friend has a civic put at least 4k into it. was stolen from the mall parking lot, it was recovered, was siting on the body kit, they stole everything interior system, brand new rims, 600 buck racing seats we just put in two day before.  they even took the damn seat belts.  his steering wheel was removable, they stole that, so atm he cant even drive the car till he gets a new steering wheel setup.  cop are being dicks they wont check the mall security cameras, and insurance is screwing him around too with the stolen items.  so its back to step one,  well step zero b/c he cant even move the damn thing. :guns:

Liljeepz

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 01:59:23 PM »
I have keeped every receipt I have got with my Jeep, even oil changes or parts I buy like headlights, you never know when you will need them.

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »
Rig has been found, minus a few parts.  Sounds like a lot of the tools are still missing.
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck

www.oldjeep.com

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »
Rig has been found, minus a few parts.  Sounds like a lot of the tools are still missing.

They probably used the tools to take parts off the Jeep!  At least they got the Jeep back.  I know of several Jeeps in the San Diego, Ca area that never showed up again.  Problem with a Jeep is that you can't really expect to see someone else driving it around.  They are almost always parted.  Unless it's for a joy ride but this sounds like someone knew what they wanted to begin with.  Probably a customer, friend or a friend of a friend.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
Re: ORO Jeep stolen in ST. Paul *found*
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »
The way the jeep was found was kind of interesting.  It was found a mile and a half away, someone saw a guy get out of it and walk away with the windows wide open in the rain.  Person goes and finds the registration card on the seat, calls the cops.   All that was taken from the jeep was the ORO LED lights that it had in every location possible and a hack job removal of the stereo.  None of the megabuck ORO suspension goodies had been removed - sounds like someone who had no idea what they stole, or realized that the parts would be impossible to resell.

The tools were most likely worth double what the jeep was worth - a lot of machinist stuff.
Chuck P
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck

www.oldjeep.com

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
The sickening thing is that all of those tools will be sold for less than pennies on the dollar. I hate it when they steal somebodies lively hood. I had all my tools burned once in a shop fire and its a pretty devastating feeling. Ended up with 3 th degree burns on my arms trying to push my rollaway out of the fire

Art
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

lanulos89

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »
thats rediculous, stole just lights, ameratures, they aint even gonna go on a jeep i bet, prob for a civic.