Author Topic: Woods in a Jeep  (Read 972 times)

chrisfranklin

Woods in a Jeep
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »
Was coming back from work today at about 3:30pm, driving down Sunset Blvd in LA.  I drive by Le Dome Restaurant which is one of these places that's super-pricey and has outdoor seating.  The valets do the usual park-the-cheese-up-front deal, so you have red ferraris and neon lamborghinis lined up. 

As I am driving past this restaurant I hit a stop light and a short line of cars.  I see a Metallic Grey Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 that is starting to edge out in to my lane.  I take a look at the guy - who has just come out of Le Dome - driving and its James Woods, a big time character guy in a bunch of films over the last 30 years and whose current show, Shark, is doing well.  He looks at my Jeep, smiles and I let him in the lane.  He gives kind of a reverse Jeep wave after he edges in front of me. 

Not a CJ/YJ/TJ/JK, but at least the guy has ok taste in rides  :lol:  Not that it matters but his Ca. Tag # was "Five-E-E-F-Eight-Eight-Nine"   

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Woods in a Jeep
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »
Was coming back from work today at about 3:30pm, driving down Sunset Blvd in LA.  I drive by Le Dome Restaurant which is one of these places that's super-pricey and has outdoor seating.  The valets do the usual park-the-cheese-up-front deal, so you have red ferraris and neon lamborghinis lined up. 

As I am driving past this restaurant I hit a stop light and a short line of cars.  I see a Metallic Grey Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 that is starting to edge out in to my lane.  I take a look at the guy - who has just come out of Le Dome - driving and its James Woods, a big time character guy in a bunch of films over the last 30 years and whose current show, Shark, is doing well.  He looks at my Jeep, smiles and I let him in the lane.  He gives kind of a reverse Jeep wave after he edges in front of me. 

Not a CJ/YJ/TJ/JK, but at least the guy has ok taste in rides  :lol:  Not that it matters but his Ca. Tag # was "Five-E-E-F-Eight-Eight-Nine"   

What's a 'reverse' Jeep Wave?  Isn't that called the one finger salute?    :finger: :roflol:

Interesting that the plates don't come up on the DMV site.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

chrisfranklin

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
"James Woods just flicked me off...YESS!!!! ...Awesome!!"   :lol:

Like a wave to somebody else when that driver is behind you (to my perspective, I am seeing the typical wave out the door, but from the "reverse")

There may have been a third "E" in the tag #, as in "EEE."  I jotted it well after the fact and was pensive about whether I should or not.

chrisfranklin

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »
Could also be "5EEF-889."  Forgot about the hyphen.

I am kind of a fan of James Woods.  Not really in to his latest stuff or most of the films he's been in in the last 10 years.  Liked him in the 1980s-era stuff where he was always playing a dude who was coked/stimmed up on something.  He was in flicks where he played that kind of character - The Boost (coke), Cat's Eye (nicotine), film called Best Seller  where he definitely seemed amped up. 

Offline Elyod

• Sedona is red
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »
I know his social security number but I'm not telling  :fitz: