Author Topic: Trailmaster 3" SSV lift kit. Anyone have one? ZJ Pitman arm?  (Read 1008 times)

Jeeper736

I just ordered the Trailmaster 3" kit with SSV shocks from Quadratec.  It was on sale for $399.  I was looking around and couldn't find a better deal than that for a kit that included shocks!  Does anyone have this lift?  Good, bad????

It includes everything to do the lift-New 3" over springs, shocks, t-case drops, bumpstop ext., brakeline ext., u-bolts, hardware, ect ect. The only thing it doesn't include is a pitman arm.  QT gets a bone for the Trailmaster one and I am wondering if I can use a ZJ one?  I had heard they work well with 3" or so of lift, anyone know or have a better recommendation? 

BTW, as of 5 pm Central, QT has 3 of these left.....hurry, hurry.

Thanks everyone!

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
Re: Trailmaster 3" SSV lift kit. Anyone have one? ZJ Pitman arm?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:16 AM »
You won't need one for 3" of lift...only 4" or higher.

That's the first time I've heard of it not being included in a full 3" lift.

My 4WD came with one, put it on, and then took it off after a couple of weeks since my steering components weren't aligned properly.
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:51 AM »
I'll second the opinion that you won't need a drop pitman arm at 3".  I did not have one with a 4" kit and didn't have any problems.

Should you be set on installing one, an XJ pitman arm has about 1" drop over a stock YJ arm, and the ZJ arm has a little more drop than the XJ.

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 07:45:40 AM »
Abuddy of mine has a Grand and was interested in my pitman arm...he took it out to his Jeep and said the dropped one for my TJ was the same as his standard one for the ZJ.
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »
That sounds right.

Jeeper736

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »
Excellent info!  Thanks everyone.  I think I will just go with the stock pitman then.

Anyone have any feedback on this lift itself? 

I find it odd that the lift with the SSV shocks was on clearance and the kit with the SS shocks was not.  I wonder if they are changing the shocks or something...

Thanks again for all the help everyone.  I will report back when I get this lift installed and try to get some pics.