Author Topic: Rubi shocks and springs  (Read 2035 times)

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
Rubi shocks and springs
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »
I picked up a set of Rubicon shocks and springs tonight from ebay. Also, 4wd.com is having a 10% off sale so I picked up a stage 1 Jet chip. :thumbsup: I hate waiting for parts! I wish I'd wake up tomorrow and have it all waiting for me on my porch.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

gomi

Re: Rubi shocks and springs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:30:34 PM »
Sweet, I have the rubi springs and shocks as well as the jet chip. You'll love all of them. :beers:

Liljeepz

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »
I know this has been disused to death already, But when you put the springs on, can you measure the difference from stock and see what real lift you get from them? Also do you know if there rated for more weight, as in can they handle a winch heavy bumper and skids.. When my Jeep is all done being worked on this will be the next project for me... I need about one more inch.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 06:48:52 AM »
I know this has been disused to death already, But when you put the springs on, can you measure the difference from stock and see what real lift you get from them? Also do you know if there rated for more weight, as in can they handle a winch heavy bumper and skids.. When my Jeep is all done being worked on this will be the next project for me... I need about one more inch.

I'll definitely get a measurement. As far as the weight ratings go... I don't know. You may be able to get that info from your local dealership. I've seen the Rubi shocks and springs listed as "heavy duty" on ebay but it seems to be an opinion more than a fact in that situation.  :confused:
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

Liljeepz

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »
I'll definitely get a measurement.
Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Justin Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:45:36 AM »
I just put a set of rubi springs on my jeep a couple weeks ago and I got 1 3/4 inches from it...Thats with no heavy bumpers or anything

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 08:10:08 PM »
I just put a set of rubi springs on my jeep a couple weeks ago and I got 1 3/4 inches from it...Thats with no heavy bumpers or anything

Cool, 1 3/4"s is about what I'm looking for. Thanks for the info Justin. :thumb:

gomi

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
I'd say I also got about an inch, some seem to get a bit more or less but 1 inch seems to be average.

Liljeepz

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
The difference must be weight than... I wonder if you would get any lift with a heavy front end.

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
Why not simply hunt on craiglist or any other forum for some longer springs or a budget lift?
You might even find one woth a good set of shocks and be happy for a good price
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

jcsanders79

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
If it was weight in the front then you would see a measureable difference in the rear.  Also an older Jeep that has worn out springs and shocks will seem to get a better lift than one that is still unworn.  I think that it is impossible for a bumber to affect lift 3/4 of an inch.  The heaviest is is what 130 pounds?

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »
You can piece together an inexpensive TJ lift by buying some used 3.5" or 4" front springs and moving the stock front springs to the rear.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »
I went with the rubi suspension for this reason. My o.e. shocks are soft and worn and need replacement. I thought about 1.5'  budget boost with spacers but the idea of spacers just doesn't cut it for me. I wanted springs. A budget boost with a good set of shocks and coils was above my budget for right now. I don't want any more than 1" of lift. If I get a bit more than that's okay with me. After doing some thinking and looking around I decided to find a slightly used set of rubi shocks and coils and be done with it. Good quality parts that give me the mild lift I'm looking for and has the ability to keep a nice comfy ride.  ;)

Liljeepz

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 08:45:35 PM »
I also have my reasons, I have ACoS right now, and yes I could just raise them up, but I don't want to go to high with them because once the springs do get old, I want to be able to adjust them as needed. That is why I'm asking here what kind of lift these really do give... This will be my next step in my jeep build and want to do the right thing, I don't want to just toss some springs on and call it a day...

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 09:04:10 PM »
With a bit of patience you can find short arm lifts kits and nice control arms and trackbars used. Lots of people spend a lot of coin on long arm lifts and sell their previous lifts cheap if you are not in a big hurry it will save you a lot of money and gets you a nice lift. Look for rubicon arms or curry arms and trackbars with Johny joints and used ome springs. The Ruvicon express springs are kinda tall even the 3.5 ones. So you would end up with a SYE which is not all bad since the stock output of the transfer case is awfull skinny.  All situations are different but with patience and a bit of luck you can get a pretty good bang for your buck. If the stock rubicon springs sound like your best bet then that is the way you ought to go.
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE