Author Topic: MasterCraft Seats  (Read 1027 times)

bobarosa

MasterCraft Seats
« on: September 12, 2005, 02:07:18 PM »
How tall are you guys? Do you miss not haveing a reclining seat, or do you feel they have a great recline angle as is. I notice it requires an adapter for a TJ, do you know if this would this raise the seat height and make things worse? Would you recomend the lumbar option? What is better about the comfort, just more cushion?

Thanks

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
MasterCraft Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:22:03 PM »
Well, I'm about 5'10".  This was one of teh reasons I wanted to lower the seat some.  The seat is more reclined then the stock seat from a naturnal position. (ie, when you put the both seats on the ground the Mastercraft will be reclined a bit.  The front of the seat is a lot taller so if you don't have long legs it can be a problem.  I'd actually like to lower the seat another inch or two for a better driving position.  I don't like to have the seat too high.

I didn't get any options with my seats.  I think with the angle they are at, there isn't a need for lumbar support.  The seats have a really good angle.  What makes them better?  Everything.  The seats weigh half as much and the original seats.  Because they are a suspension design (think suspension bridge or hammock.) they are very comfortable.  They have just the right amount of support without feeling too hard or too soft.  Long trips are aren't a problem.  (I've done one 500 mile leg and a few 700 legs.)  When offroad or going fast through turns, the seats hold you in place a lot better then the original seats.

As for reclining; my original seats did no recline and I don't mind not having any adjustability in the Jeep.  Once you get the right angle and height, the seats shouldn't need to be adjusted.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."