Author Topic: News: Jeep Patriot  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
News: Jeep Patriot
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:03:28 PM »

2008 Jeep Patriot

In keeping with Jeep’s new strategy of two vehicles per platform (a la Grand Cherokee and Commander), here come the little guys. Based off the new Neon platform with quite a bit of chassis reinforcement, the Jeep Patriot is the more classically Jeep of the two concepts. Enlarged wheel arches, tall and flat body panels, an upright stance, and a seven-slotted grille are all Jeep design cues deliberately intended to perpetuate Jeep’s robust, strong, and capable 4x4 off-road image. With that said, the Patriot is reported to offer a new 4x4 system that most likely includes a low range gear, and surely will include some type of added traction control device that acts much like a limited-slip, with the intent of making the Patriot the most capable vehicle among its competitors (CR-V, RAV4, Sportage, and Escape). For U.S. markets, expect the engine to be the new 2.4-liter I-4 “World Engine,” mated to the new continuously variable transmission. A new 2.0-liter turbocharged, direct-injection diesel will be offered (only for international markets so far) as well. Look for pricing to be aggressive, hovering just above and just below the $16,000 mark. Production versions could make it to dealerships as early as mid-2007, as a 2008 model.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

StefanBidi

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:14:12 PM »
If you're going to get a Jeep that isn't really a Jeep, I think the other model looks better (forgot what it's called).  Not sure why anyone would ever want to buy that thing, but I've seen worst.

01amberfirewv

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 08:04:26 AM »
I kinda like it compaired to it's competition.  It looks like it would be a great DD especialy with the diesel if we get it

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 12:38:11 PM »
The styling is more of what I  expected from the Commander, not that 90's styling they gave it.  Looks like this one is built more for Firetrails.  So that would make it in competition with the RAV4, Highlander, Element and the like.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

01amberfirewv

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 03:22:52 PM »
Quote from: "Jeffy"
The styling is more of what I  expected from the Commander, not that 90's styling they gave it.  Looks like this one is built more for Firetrails.  So that would make it in competition with the RAV4, Highlander, Element and the like.

Quote from: "Jeffy"
 Patriot is reported to offer a new 4x4 system that most likely includes a low range gear, and surely will include some type of added traction control device that acts much like a limited-slip, with the intent of making the Patriot the most capable vehicle among its competitors (CR-V, RAV4, Sportage, and Escape)

Yea and amung those it probubly be my choice.  I just hope the 2.4 can post similar fule economy numbers if so it wold be great around town and in the snow though

sbspence

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 05:46:09 PM »
Hmmph I misunderstood the early reports... I thought that the compass was going to be based on the Neon chassis like the new Dodge ,but, that the Patriot was going to be more XJ like. Shame...