Author Topic: Injector cleaner  (Read 2276 times)

01amberfirewv

Injector cleaner
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »
I have heard good and bad things about it but this chattering is killing me and I am tired of running 93 oct.  Does anyone use injector or fuel system cleaner?

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Injector cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:17:56 AM »
I've use STP stuff in the past but never really noticed any difference.  There is one product that is supposed to work well though.  It's called Seafoam.  I believe it's an injector cleaner ammong other things.

Just be aware that the big white cloud of smoke is normal. :lol:
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

low output 2.5

Injector cleaner
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »
marvel mystery oil  works good  for injecters   and for lifters

YJmechanic

Injector cleaner
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:02:38 PM »
did you talk to the dealership about having the rail cleaned?  They have a cleaning process that connects to the fuel rail and runs the motor on cleaner alone, no fuel.  This concentrates the cleaner through the injectors and rail.  Also they should remove the tb and tear it down and clean it all.  Also they put you basic injector cleaner inthe tank as well.  I'm not sure what it costs but I have seen good results in the past.  Just ask for a complete fuel system service but make sure they do it like I said because some of the guys cheapass the process to make time on the job.

01amberfirewv

Injector cleaner
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »
They told me around $100

low output 2.5

Injector cleaner
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 05:42:44 PM »
wynns brand is what a lot of dealerships use it goes into the intake ( take off air tube) spary whole bottle in  but there are many kits for different apps. to actually clean the inside of the rail   .......... ask the parts department for the kit sometimes they will sell it to you cash and carry... it really don't matter what brand of car they service most carry or can get it is more $$ but better results

YJmechanic

Injector cleaner
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 07:57:48 PM »
this is true, a lot of dealerships do you wynn's.  Chrysler is not one of them. they used to but found it not as effective as the bg we use now. You can by the kit to take and do yourself but you need the adapters to run it and there is an evaporater that acts as a fuel pump for the rail.  it would not be worth it to try and make one unless you were planning on doing it all the time.  100 sounds about right that is the kit plus about 1 hour labor time.  Just make sure they are doing right.

joe-joe

Injector cleaner
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 08:12:38 AM »
I have been using Fuel Power for about a year now with great results. It turned around a 97 cavalier and improved my mpg 2-3mpg. It is only available mail order www.lubecontrol.com. You can see many testimonials on the website www.bobistheoilguy.com. I also use the lube control in my motor oil.

just my .02