Author Topic: ? about TrXus 31's for my TJ  (Read 957 times)

streetmaster

? about TrXus 31's for my TJ
« on: July 12, 2009, 08:07:15 AM »
Hey fella's, got a couple tires in mind for my 04 TJ 2.4 bundle of joy LOL.

The TrXus sts 31X11.50 all terrains, or the Super Swamper TrXus 31X10.50 mud terrains, both look like a nice tire with a little bit of off road, winter time in mind. Yeah if anyones running either one of thiese tires, tell what you think of them. (Please Advise)

Jesse-James

Re: ? about TrXus 31's for my TJ
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »
Other than sand the STS blows. The MT is okay, but cups worse than the Mtr's I had and difficult to balance (well, it is an Interco tire)

van

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
I had 31' trxus mts on for almost 40k miles.
Comments about bad cupping and unbalanceability are spot on.

That said, good mud.  Excellent snow.  Tremendous noise.  (it is an interco tire).  Pretty heavy too.  Seemed heavier than my current 33x10.5 bfg ats.

Make a cool sound when you lock them up at highway speed-scares the daylights out of everyone around you.

93yjFirstJeep

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
I had 31' trxus mts on for almost 40k miles.
Comments about bad cupping and unbalanceability are spot on.

That said, good mud.  Excellent snow.  Tremendous noise.  (it is an interco tire).  Pretty heavy too.  Seemed heavier than my current 33x10.5 bfg ats.

Make a cool sound when you lock them up at highway speed-scares the daylights out of everyone around you.

Thats something they should write in the product description, now i want them  :weee:

van

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
Don't forget "the ability to shoot rocks like bullets"  :guns:

swatsniper1s1k

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
i have about 10k miles on my interco trXus m/t 31x10.5r15s and that is in good summer conditions, heavy snow, black ice, and off road. haven't had a single issue, haven't once lost traction. :weee: i was actually doing above speed limit on an iced over windy road and i didn't slide once.  :dance: they're mounted on american racing rims bolted to a 91 yj, but i doubt they would change handling wise for a tj. hope this helps...right now they are cheaper on quadratec than they are on jcwhitney (140vs144) for the same size i'm running, but i got them off jcw for $115 a piece a year ago.  hope some first hand reviews help...

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »
I have the 35" x 12.5" MT's...one started cupping...just moved it to the opposite corner.  Softer tire, so don't expect them to last as long as others....also quieter than others (not sure why someone would say they are loud...no one has ever said that about mine).

Awesome in the snow, ice and mud.  Run fine on the street.

With all of that being said, I'll be trying the KM2's in a 37" tire once these run out...probably 2 years from now as I already have 1 1/2 years on them.... :thumb:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Jesse-James

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 07:15:52 PM »
off road. haven't had a single issue, haven't once lost traction.

Then you aren't trying. No tire will keep traction 100% of the time offroad.

swatsniper1s1k

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
Then you aren't trying. No tire will keep traction 100% of the time offroad.

it wasn't intense offroad. it was more of me romping through a field at a good klick