Author Topic: heat from defrost area  (Read 660 times)

cab

heat from defrost area
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
 i have a issue with heat that seems to be coming from in between my defrost and the windshield.  could i put a manual cutoff in the heater core to stop this?  this is on a 89 wrangler.  thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:19:37 PM by cab »

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Re: heat from defrost area
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »
i have a issue with heat that seems to be coming from in between my defrost and the windshield.  could i put a manual cutoff in the heater core to stop this?  this is on a 89 wrangler.  thanks.

If it happens on the highway when going up a hill or overpass, it could be that you are running out of vacuum (because the Jeep is at WOT).  What I did was simply buy a $15 vacuum reservoir and stick it under the hood to supply the HVAC system, and I have never had the problem again.

In my case, I kind of overdid it, as I have a reservoir for the HVAC, 2 more for the Cruise Control (which is still acting up, but I think it is more of an electronic issue than a vacuum issue), and one for the brake booster (this is a big one).  Only problem I still have is that the cruise control looses power after a while and I have to disengage it.  I am still hunting for a vacuum leak, which I am sure I have, but I have been unable to locate (I already replaced most - if not all - of the vacuum lines!).

Felipe
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline chardrc

Re: heat from defrost area
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
both hvac vac lines come with check valves form the factory.. at least my 1990 did... but would be a good thing to check.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr