Author Topic: odd question about speaker pods  (Read 567 times)

gomi

odd question about speaker pods
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:27:27 PM »
Hey guys, does anyone know how the dome lights might work on stock 03-06 speaker pods? I just bought a pair on ebay and haven't gotten them yet but was wondering what I might need to get them set up. Thanks guys

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Re: odd question about speaker pods
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 09:57:26 AM »
Hey guys, does anyone know how the dome lights might work on stock 03-06 speaker pods? I just bought a pair on ebay and haven't gotten them yet but was wondering what I might need to get them set up. Thanks guys

Are you taling about the sound bar (the one that ges on the roll cage)?  As far as I know, the speaker pods are the ones that go on the floor (either mod pods, that go under the doors, or the center pod that goes under the dash).

Anway, I have  soundbar with the light, and I can check for you, but I would guess you just need to connect it to an ignition source and ground it...
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

YJmechanic

Re: odd question about speaker pods
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »
the whole thing should come with its own little harness.  It  should have 4 speaker wires and then you need a constant or switch 12v and some the ground is built in (bolts to thee cage ground it) and some have their own ground.  so all you have to do is hook up power if you want to switch it or hook it the factory switch if you want the dome light affect