Author Topic: new exhaust/header  (Read 1950 times)

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
Re: new exhaust/header
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 04:15:55 PM »
i just read their review and listened to the clips they recorded. according to their review the banks is loud but without any annoying drone or buzz. they also scored the dynomax as quiet, i have the same set up and find it to be anything but quiet. and the drone and buzz within the cabin is aweful. i guess it's all relative to the person listening.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »
Yeah I think JP Magazine got their cat-backs confused or something.  Standard Dynomax cat-back I had was loud as heck. 
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline chardrc

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 08:21:29 AM »
Yeah I think JP Magazine got their cat-backs confused or something.  Standard Dynomax cat-back I had was loud as heck. 

or they are getting more money from someone.  ???
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »
well the only way to tell is to get the thing installed and have a listen. should be here next monday..ill prob install it by the end of next week or the week following at the latest. ill be sure to write up a review. id like to see what the torque tube header and cat back do to my midrange power.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
well the only way to tell is to get the thing installed and have a listen. should be here next monday..ill prob install it by the end of next week or the week following at the latest. ill be sure to write up a review. id like to see what the torque tube header and cat back do to my midrange power.
take some pics and post them, for sure i'd like to see it installed - a review sounds good especially that would not be biased. keep us posted.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end