Author Topic: What you did on your Labor Day Weekend.  (Read 3018 times)

Offline TahoeYJ

• How can I reech theese kids?
Re: What you did on your Labor Day Weekend.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:06:16 AM »
I've spent all weekend with my friend and his gf from out of town. He drove down here Wednesday and his car broke down up along the coast almost 2 hrs from here. So Thursday, I drove up and rescued him and his car will hopefully be fixed today or tomorrow and I get to drive him back up to get it. The drive is nice though, it's been a while since I've driven along CA's Highway 1 and the weather has been outstanding these past 5+ days.

Today I'm going to sit on my ass while my friend and his GF go to the river with some other folks, and Imma do some serious laundry that needs to be done, go to the gym, maybe warsh the Jeep  :beers:

Drove down to Seaworld in S.D. with the family. Gonna relax today.
did you take the 405? If so that must have been fun with the holiday traffic!  :stick:
92 YJ. Lifted, 4:88's, 9" rear, 4 wheel disks, some armor, some audio, 35" KM2's, and more

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »
Ya we took the 405. Traffic was no problem, we did 80+ most of the way. Today is the day NOT to be coming home from SD.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
Jeffy, get a ball-joint press, they have a large c-clamp that works great on ujoints too.
I'm definitely going to buy one for the next time.  Using a vice works but it a PITA getting all the sockets to line up.  Once lined up it was easy.

Today, I MIGHT clean up my wiring and hook up the radios.  Or else I'll celebrate Labor Day by not doing any.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
The Tiger Tools set for installation and removal makes it a real joy to do u-joints.  There are less expensive options, including some that also work for ball joints, but these are very good for u-joints.  They allow you to install and then fine tune so there is absolutely no binding before you put the shaft back in the Jeep.  I found that fine tuning hard to do with the hammer method.

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

OH-YJ

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »
Friday: I watched a movie with the GF. Saturday: Me and my cousins went to a buddies house in the middle of no where and drank much more than we should have. Sunday: recooping from the night before. Today: fixing ribs.

Tsd

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:59 PM »
Not really Labor's day here but Friday I went to the movies with my GF watched "The Ugly Truth", Saturday went to the 20 year anniversary concert/party from Santiago's greatest rock radio. On Sunday I finally fixed my TJ's intermittent dashboard (was tired of having to whack the crap out of it to make it work while driving) and then crashed on the couch and slept the whole afternoon.  :doggy:

Offline smashcoast

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:01 PM »
I did nothing and it was great!

This is my normal friday off week I work a 9/80 sch. Plus we have an IBEW holiday on wed. so i took tues and thurs off and have 9 in a row to nothing.

Only cost 2 vacation days sweet. :biggrin:
Building this Jeep on the Cheap! Just like Chrysler!

Jesse-James

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
Today got tanked at Miller Park and watched the Cards whoop my Brewers.

Good times.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »
Decided to do nothing.  Maybe I'll fix the wiring sometime during the week.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline FourbangerYJ

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 07:30:06 PM »
I need to finish packing the air intake tube so I can get a shipping quote. :pirate: I also need to do a bunch of maintaince. I want to change the oil in the D20 and I need to grease everything.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Tsd

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
How long is your Labor Day weekend?

Not that I want to give my country a bad image, but our Labor´s day holiday (May 1) is quite different from your´s, it usually ends like this:

There´s not much that you can do on your "holiday" when that happens....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:31:53 PM by Tsd »

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »
Here's a picture of the typical Labor Day in the U.S......

2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

larryp

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
 Worked Saturday 5:30am-2:00pm. Took the wife after work to the Sanders County fair and watched the rodeo that night. Some of the best rough stock I've ever seen. They had several national champion horses and bulls there. Spent the night at her sister's house and visited her most the next day. Yesterday celebrated my daughter's 20th birthday( where did all the years go?).

Offline FourbangerYJ

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »
Here's a picture of the typical Labor Day in the U.S......

Looks like you have put on a few pounds  :wall: :lol: Better wash that down with a Coke Light  :wine:
Scott~

TrailsLessTaken

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »
That picture is just wrong in so many ways... I didn't do much this year just layed around the with the gf and worked a lil on cleaning some closets out and did some work in the yard