Author Topic: Articulating the axles  (Read 937 times)

Offline jagular7

Articulating the axles
« on: January 02, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »
To find out what the suspension would do at full droop and compression, without a normal ORV ramp, I found a loading ramp to articulate. The ramp measured 14*.

I wanted to know how much shock I have at full bump stop, and how much front brake line I had at full extension of the shock. I just installed my quick disconnect link brackets on the frame and haven't run without them connected.
I'm not quite fully articulated....

No tire lifted yet, but ran into a slight problem here with the coil bucket w/ 1/2" shock to go

The other side

The compressed rear w/ ~3/4" of shock to go

The other side rear still on the ground. Notice the lower arm hits the frame bracket.

There are a few more pics in the photobucket album. I have Unltd coil springs, ACOS front & 2" poly rear spacers, 2" bump stop riser on the front axle, 4" longer shocks, extended rear bottom shock mounts, RE front track bar, Currie tie rods, adj front lower & upper rear arms, raised rear track bar, YJ front brake lines, 7" rims w/ 34x10.5 LTBs...I know that the rear can be compressed more as I've got a picture where the tire barely rubs the back of the flare on the body. Notice here the YJ brake line rubs on the shock body with tire turned left

At this point, I have full steering to the left with no other interference

But turn right I can't get to full lock stop due to sway bar
[/img]

Other info: those blue wire clips secure 50# fishing line to the JKS snap rings. I've heard these tend to get lost while wheeling. The line is there to prevent that. The hose clamp on the sway bar keeps it centered on the frame. It tends to push to the right, driver's side rubs the frame. Both front coils are secured to axle buckets.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s