Author Topic: Is there any interest in a supercharger kit?  (Read 3897 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Is there any interest in a supercharger kit?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 04:15:39 PM »
I think your price point is fine.  I don't think you could get it less for the amount of work that is going into those brackets and the inlet and outlets on the SC.
i was asking lax as i didn't understand if he meant that he is interested or that he is not because my estimation was too high - but yeah, you're right and i  was guessing the price based on my cost for the current project and the fact that all the little work that i did myself would be outsourced as well but considering that the setup cost in the shop would be cheaper since will be split for the number of sets (for example preparing the digital files for waterjet to cut cost me as much as the parts themselves but it would be a one time for all kits in case there is more than one).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »
ok, so there are 4 "maybe" so far:

Jeffy
jfrabat
jason 00
TrailsLessTaken

if we get to 7 or 8 i will try and get some pricing on the shop work and that includes materials, the snout shortening and will also include the piping and couplers so we get a better idea of the final price. already know how much the idler, belt and vac manifold + plugs and fittings are.

the things that would have to bought separately will be:
bypass valve actuator
fuel injectors
Split Second PSC1 (though i think we can get a  better price on this on a group buy, same with the bypass actuator)
matching pulley (will not be the same size as it's unlikely that everyone will like the same level of boost)
i do recommend a 180 degree thermostat (but this is like $10 or so)
colder spark plugs (same here, they go for about $12 for the set of 4)

will keep you posted if there are anymore that will express interest in this

some prices on the extras
Split Second PSC1-001E Prog. Sig. Cal. w/Absolute MAP and ESC $351
3.4'' pulley ~ $80 maybe less (when i bought my kenne-bell ones were $50)
bypass valve actuator - not sure of the cost on this one, i am guestimating around $50, could be more
30 to 32lb/hr fuel injectors - a used set of 4 would probably cost in the neighbourhood of $40, brand new will cost around $120 for a set of 4 (found a set of 8 at $240 so that can be split in 2 sets of 4)

so if i add the spark plugs and thermostat that would make it between $520 to $700 (min to max range) for the additional parts
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

b.hog

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »
 I am very interested.But Im self employed(carpenter)and havent had the best year so far :flush:.So it may or may not be in my budget.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 07:40:30 PM »
I am very interested.But Im self employed(carpenter)and havent had the best year so far :flush:.So it may or may not be in my budget.

5 x maybe
Jeffy
jfrabat
jason 00
TrailsLessTaken
b.hog

jason 00 tj

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
Are there any plans to run your jeep with the completed supercharger setup
on a dyno. Reason for me asking is that my jeep see very little street useage
[mainly rock crawling] and i really could use a smooth power band that is very
torquey

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 08:41:27 PM »
Are there any plans to run your jeep with the completed supercharger setup
on a dyno. Reason for me asking is that my jeep see very little street useage
[mainly rock crawling] and i really could use a smooth power band that is very
torquey

maybe, not sure yet - if i find a good deal on time slot at a shop with a dyno i will, but i need to tune it first and for that to get the rear axle done. once i have some miles on it and log the outputs i can tune the fuel and timing map and take baby steps until i get it right. the supercharger that i have (twin screw) will start pushing boost at about 1500 rpm so the torque would be seeing gains early (same with the new gen roots)

Offline lax22

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 12:16:34 PM »
Dont forget me. I have some interest in this.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »
Dont forget me. I have some interest in this.

sure, doesn't look like is going to happen however, so far including you there are 6 but all "maybe" so it is a long shot.