Author Topic: Quick question about Delta Current Control  (Read 18530 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Quick question about Delta Current Control
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:54:34 PM »
For the ones out there that are using a DCC fan controller - any of you have gotten one with a thread in probe rather than a thru fins probe and is there such a thing if you know?

also, the ones that are thru fins (or the other style), how many wires go to the controller from the probe (the reason i'm asking is to understand weather it's a digital or voltage based probe or if it's a thermistor and if the latter does anyone know the specs on it)?

thanks in advance.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
Re: Quick question about Delta Current Control
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:36 AM »
My DCC probe has 1 thick wire.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:42:29 AM »
My DCC probe has 1 thick wire.

is it thru fins probe? you wouldn't happen to know the specs on it (i am guessing since it's 1 wire that is a thermistor, but just wondering if it's a standard gauge one as i want to use an existing one on my motor). Thanks for the info.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:46:33 AM »
Mine is through fin style, and it has one wire, but I am not sure if there were 2 wires inside the main wire...  I would have to check the connector, but the Jeep is about 500 miles away at this time.  But ask Brian Baskin, the owner of DCC; he'll take some time, but he always responded to me.
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Bounty Hunter

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »
It's the style that pushes through the fins.  The wire looks as if it's a single thick braided wire, not two wires in one casing.  Email DCC, he should be able to answer your questions on adapting the unit to fit your needs.

Offline Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
From the DCC FAQ:
I haven't had much luck with radiator sensors, how is yours different ?

Radiator sensors have attained a fairly bad reputation for reliability, but the problem is design, not concept. Other sensors of this type are made of copper, which has virtually no resiliency, to make matters worse, most are coupled to a freon filled tube in order to operate a mechanical switch. Radiator materials also have no resiliency, so regardless of how large the sensor is made, it will always work loose. The DCC sensor uses a resilient coating that is not only flexible, but actually conforms to your radiator as it's heated, moreover, a high strand count wire is used for flexibility in order to reduce mechanical stress on both the sensor and radiator. Because of these attributes, a very small sensor can be used, so there is no damage to the radiator from installation.

Can I use my temperature sensor with your controller ?

Most temperature sensors only have two modes, on and off. The DCC controller is variable speed and so requires an actual temperature reading in order to set the speed correctly. The controller will operate with an on / off sensor, but without the variable speed capabilities

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
thanks for the info guys, i'll send DCC an email.