Author Topic: Internet Deals Thread  (Read 36559 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Internet Deals Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:59 AM »
IIRC, you dont need oil at all...  I think that was one of the main differences with the K&N.

just looked - you need oil, it comes pre-oiled so not the first time you install it but you need a cleaning and oiling kit
http://www.framairhog.com/faq.html
http://www.framairhog.com/cleaning.html

for the money though it's probably cheaper and easier to just buy replacements
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

road2damascus

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »
Got K&N air filter cleaner and oil left over from my Supra TT

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:38 PM »
just looked - you need oil, it comes pre-oiled so not the first time you install it but you need a cleaning and oiling kit
http://www.framairhog.com/faq.html
http://www.framairhog.com/cleaning.html

for the money though it's probably cheaper and easier to just buy replacements

I guess I should probably oil mine then...  I have cleaned it out twice and never oiled it.  I wonder where I could get that oil around here...
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995Ū
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
https://www.cabelas.com/

$2.00 shipping on any order over $49.00. Good until 3-28-12

I love this place. I wish they had a store close by.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
Harbor Freight 25% off cupon code 11207016 valid on Sun April 8 2012 or in store if you print this one http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon.do?week=1412&campaign=b2&page=25off_l.html&single=true&cust=99999999999&keycode=1002
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2012, 12:16:18 PM »
just got this in an email from POR15, thought i should share

Free shipping on POR15 orders

Use code MD2012 and receive FREE Shipping on any Retail order placed from Thursday May 24th 2012 thru Tuesday May 29 2012.  Remember to use code MD2012 on the checkout page to receieve FREE Shipping on your order.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
another free shipping offer from POR15
Use code JULY4FSO and receive FREE Shipping on any Retail order placed from Tuesday July 3rd thru Monday July 9th 2012.

Offline aka-justin

« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
$9.00 for some jumper cables. Good deal if you don't have a set.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/XYZ-AABC06-16/

Brand
Summit Racing Clearance

Manufacturer's Part Number
AABC06-16

Part Type
Jumper Cables

Product Line
American Power Jumper Cables

Summit Racing Part Number
XYZ-AABC06-16

Cable Length (ft)
16.000 ft.

Cable Gauge
6-gauge

Clamp Style
Standard

Clamp Material
Steel

Clamp Finish
Black/Red

Quantity
Sold as a kit.
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
Jumper cables are also good for joining 2 batteries to weld while in the field...  Use 2 sets of jumpers, a general purpuse rod, a vise grip (to hold the rod; jumper cables do not do a good job of holding the rod steaty, so it is easier to hold the rod with the vise-grip and conect the jumper to it), connect the netaive lead to the rod (vise-grip), postive to the part, connect one of the batieries positive cable to the other' negative, and weld away!  You can control the amps by the number of batteries you use (1, 2, 3 or more, depending on the thickness you are welding).
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ

vanNiets

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »
Beware JeepAddOns

I just got off the phone with JeepAddOns. I had a horrible experience. It may have earned everyone else a bigger "discount", though, so my loss may be your gain. Let me explain:

I ordered an Engo 9k way back at the beginning of November. Only $275 with an extra $25 for an 8 Ton snatch block? Let's make it an even $300 and be on our way. Oh, there'll be a problem. The winch won't get shipped and to my door until about the 21st of November. Um, okay. It's a good deal, so I'll wait.

And wait. And wait. November 21st came and went. By December 1st, nothing. I tried calling and got nothing for about ten minutes. I'm in a hurry, so I get off the phone. Try again from another phone a couple days later. Nothing. Notice my bank has a cancel on the pre-authorized charge that I allowed. What the hell? Alright, guess I'll find some other winch.

Fast forward to yesterday, when I get a hit on a charge against my old bank card that had been canceled in January. I get online to figure out what happened. Turns out to be JeepAddOns. I've also got an invoice in my email. There's everything. I call my parents, where I use their physical address. Dad found the boxed winch sitting in a covered area to the side of the garage. Shippers put stuff their since my parents live out in the country. They weren't expecting a big box since I told them the order got canceled, so they didn't know to look. I don't even know how long it had been sitting there. It isn't even what I ordered.

So, here I am today, calling to return the winch. I tried yesterday, but I was too busy to wait longer than ten minutes. I call today with more time. Something happens and I get disconnected. Try again. Somebody answers and transfers me. Bob answers the phone. Bob is a nice guy and tries to sort everything out, obviously while on speaker phone. But crap went south real fast when the guy who answered for the transfer jumps into the background and starts doing Bob's work for him. He starts in about how it's my fault because I didn't call to cancel the order. He also says the difference in winch was a free upgrade that I shouldn't worry about. Didn't mention the missing snatch block, of course. he just kept talking over me and mentioning how he's looking at the phone records and can assure me that I didn't call about anything since I talked to Chris back in November. He assures me that I've never been on a hold. He's going on and on and on. I got upset at all the negative in your face b.s. and tell him I'm not doing anymore business with him. I tell him Bob was doing great until he pops in. I also mentioned that I'm going to post this on the different Jeep forums that I'm on. At that point he just speaks over me, as he already doing, and says, "Don't give him a return. Clear it out. He doesn't deserve it. Don't give him a refund. You go ahead and mention it on your forums. I'll just be on there tomorrow to give them a bigger discount. They can thank you for their discount."

Are you freaking kidding me? This is how you treat customers, JeepAddOns?

So, go ahead and enjoy whatever extra discount may or may not come your way. I've already got a very good Warn winch from one of the other Reservist guys I'm deploying to Afghanistan with this year. I'll easily sell this Engo winch for a discount to one of the firefighters I work with in my daily job. I'm on about half a dozen sites like this, and I'll spread my message to all. I'm also spreading the word to all my firefighter contacts (lots of 4X4 owners).

And, while writing this, my Chief Petty Officer, whom I called for advice, gave me some more options: I'm going to make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well as making a notice on our Reserve website. Lots of Navy SeaBees have 4X4s, too. Hell, I'll even spread the word with the Commander of the Reserve Center. I'll tell anybody and everybody I know to stay clear of JeepAddOns. Chris was a nice sales guy, as was Bob in customer service. But it just isn't worth the overall problems to deal with this. Never again.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
yep, BBB - they will put them out of business if they get too many complaints.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ