Author Topic: What are you playing? (games)  (Read 34693 times)

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
Re: What are you playing? (games)
« Reply #420 on: December 08, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
I have been trying to play BF4 with issues. When it works its fun. but after the latest update if i die in the campaign the game crashes when reloading the map. the game also crashes after about 3 or 4 multiplexer maps. i also didn't pre-order so i dont have china rising and 90% of my favorite servers are china rising now so i essentially can't play on most of the servers online unless i upgrade when the game is only a month old. a bunch of garbage if you ask me when they make the base game obsolete that fast.  :rant: :rant:.

I would just not play for 2 months for them to get everything straightened out like i did for bf3 but then everyone in a tank or aircraft ends up leveled out and its damn near impossible to build up a aircraft....

Yeah, I think I was playing a lot of the "China Rising" servers, chardrc.  It was all "Siege of Shanghai" and a few other maps.  Think my rank was 23 after maybe 40 hours of play or something.  There's guys on there already over 100 lol. 

However, though, you go through the servers for PCs and add up the total players on there for any given time and you're talking probably under 200 -- this is for a new game release...

'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »
I have been trying to play BF4 with issues. When it works its fun. but after the latest update if i die in the campaign the game crashes when reloading the map. the game also crashes after about 3 or 4 multiplexer maps. i also didn't pre-order so i dont have china rising and 90% of my favorite servers are china rising now so i essentially can't play on most of the servers online unless i upgrade when the game is only a month old. a bunch of garbage if you ask me when they make the base game obsolete that fast.  :rant: :rant:.

I would just not play for 2 months for them to get everything straightened out like i did for bf3 but then everyone in a tank or aircraft ends up leveled out and its damn near impossible to build up a aircraft....
After 2-3 months you'll see a lot of people drop off for the next big title.  I think EA's just way too big and they lean heavily on title names alone to sell.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2014, 12:53:59 AM »
Yeah, I think I was playing a lot of the "China Rising" servers, chardrc.  It was all "Siege of Shanghai" and a few other maps.  Think my rank was 23 after maybe 40 hours of play or something.  There's guys on there already over 100 lol. 

However, though, you go through the servers for PCs and add up the total players on there for any given time and you're talking probably under 200 -- this is for a new game release...

The maps they added with the China Rising pack are decent.  Not sure if Seige of Shanghai was one of them -- think it may have been there originally.  Game is only crashing on me -- MS 8.1-version of BSOD -- about every 20th game though, but it still happens and only when playing BF4. 

Any of you guys playing the PC version?  ChardRC, are you on there?
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline chardrc

« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
I have been playing BF4 more now that I have settled into my new house and the game doesn't crash anymore (although it lags a bit sometimes on some servers but that could be my computer). I am on PC as "chardrobot" someone took chardrc on me :guns:
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »
I have been playing BF4 more now that I have settled into my new house and the game doesn't crash anymore (although it lags a bit sometimes on some servers but that could be my computer). I am on PC as "chardrobot" someone took chardrc on me :guns:

Ok, will friend you on it chardrc.  My handle is "BobStalin"

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
I've been playing Skyrim.  It's a great game except for all the bugs.  Game lags really bad when loading the world.  This happens every time you go through a door.  Then there's all the trigger/scripting conflicts where you can't finish one quest if it overlaps another quest.  You'd think after 2 years they would have fixed it.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

D42

« Reply #426 on: February 03, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »
Add me for BF4, MajWoody1911  :driving:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: February 03, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »
I started playing Rocksmith 2014.  Nothing like playing a $50 game with a $3000 controller.  :wall: :lol:

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #428 on: February 03, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
I started playing Rocksmith 2014.  Nothing like playing a $50 game with a $3000 controller.  :wall: :lol:

I saw that one, and I am seriously considering getting it!  But for now, I am playing Diablo III.  Can't say it's my favorite game, but it is not that bad (and it's a lot better when you factor in that it was free).
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: February 03, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
I saw that one, and I am seriously considering getting it!  But for now, I am playing Diablo III.  Can't say it's my favorite game, but it is not that bad (and it's a lot better when you factor in that it was free).
I liked Diablo III but it was hard to find other people who wanted to play.

Rosksmith is pretty cool but can get finkey depending on the guitar.  It seems to like some more then others.  I was originally playing with my Gibson Les Paul Standard and it was okay but wouldn't recognize slides.  I'd do a slide and could hear it in game but it would say I missed for some reason.  Then it would slow it down which really sucked.  At 60% it was so slow that even with a lot of sustain it would tap out before the required time.

I switched to my Gibson Les Paul Junior and it seems to like that better.  It's also a whole lot lighter.  I was playing for 3 hrs yesterday and did only an hour today as my wrist was killing me.

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree MechanicŪ
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2014, 04:44:17 PM »
I liked Diablo III but it was hard to find other people who wanted to play.

Rosksmith is pretty cool but can get finkey depending on the guitar.  It seems to like some more then others.  I was originally playing with my Gibson Les Paul Standard and it was okay but wouldn't recognize slides.  I'd do a slide and could hear it in game but it would say I missed for some reason.  Then it would slow it down which really sucked.  At 60% it was so slow that even with a lot of sustain it would tap out before the required time.

I switched to my Gibson Les Paul Junior and it seems to like that better.  It's also a whole lot lighter.  I was playing for 3 hrs yesterday and did only an hour today as my wrist was killing me.

Well, if I do get it, I will probably get the one with the included guitar, as I do not have an electric guitar (I have an electro-acoustic one, but the neck bent during one of my many moves, and now it's VERY uncomfortable to play; my other one is 100% acoustic).

As for Diablo III, I have not tried it online (I am not a big online player).
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #431 on: February 03, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
Well, if I do get it, I will probably get the one with the included guitar, as I do not have an electric guitar (I have an electro-acoustic one, but the neck bent during one of my many moves, and now it's VERY uncomfortable to play; my other one is 100% acoustic).

As for Diablo III, I have not tried it online (I am not a big online player).
I'd recommend getting something better then the boxed guitar that they sell.  That's a really cheap guitar.  It's an Epiphone Les Paul Special II which costs around $150.  It's always recommend to spend at least $250 on a guitar.  The reason being at the really low price, quality is skimped a bit and so they get issues that make them harder to play.  I'd recommend getting something like a Gibson Melody Maker or Junior new or used.  Or a Squier Classic Vibe.  Either a Telecaster or Stratocaster.  That is, if you want to have the least about of frustrations with the game and are wanting to learn to be a better player.

The biggest complaint I have with Diablo III is that you have to be online to even play single player.  It caused a lot of problems when it launched because it forced everyone to login at the same time.  The gameplay is fun though.